1. Libraries Powering Innovative
How can libraries be used as a
resource for grassroots access to
Vice President, IREX
2. …a strange idea.
3. African Libraries Powering
4. Technology isn’t innovative unless it:
Responds to real priorities
5. An international consortium supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates
Foundation providing donors and government partners with:
• Financial resources – grants and matching funds
• Capacity building & Training
• Consulting services – ICT, social inclusion, and governance strategies
To support public broadband access and technology through libraries.
6. Some of our partners include:
An San Suu Kyi Foundation – Burma
Ministry of Justice – Georgia
National Library – Peru
City Government, Davao, Philippines
And member partners from more than 30 other
countries around the world including Mali, Malawi,
Kenya, Mozambique, Burkina Faso, Uganda, Ghana,
Ethiopia, South Africa, Namibia, and others.
7. Thank you for your time.
Contact us at anytime for support and services: