3. This story takes place at Green gables inPrince Edward Nova Scotia in Avonlea.Green Gables has a very green precise lawn ,not a stick or stone out of place. And is aplace where you could see for miles and thesun always shines or so it seems . It also isright near a brook and Barry’s lake. It also hassnow white cherry blossom trees just out sidethe east gable window, and on the window sillsits beautiful carnations.
4. Anne Shirley is an orphan girl and a very imaginative one atthat and also a hopeless romantic. Her parents died when she was just a baby and was born in a very small town in NovaScotia called Bolingbroke. She finds beauty in the smallest of things. Anne has red hair although very unfound of it and is quite homely looking and has lots of freckles . She loves to change names that she dislikes to one she finds more appropriate. She is very talkative and not afraid to speak every thing and I mean every thing that’s on her mind. She tends to drive most folk crazy and they often tell her to hold her tongue. Anne loves poetry and is also very easily distracted but this quirky personality of hers is exactly why people become so fond of her.
5. This story takes place in Green gables home to Marilla and Matthew Cuthbert who decide it would be nice to adopt a boy to help Matthew with farm work . One morning Matthew sets off for the asylum but to his surprise waiting for him is a skinny ,red haired, freckle faced orphan girl named Anne. Although there must have been some mistake he knew he couldn’t just leave her there so he brought her home. Marilla was ever so shocked to see the girl and no boy she explained how there must have been some mistake . Anne burst into tears and began to explain how no one had ever wanted her and that she should have known it was to good to be true.Marilla felt bad for making the girl cry but her mind was made up and she was going back tomorrow. When Marilla went to take her back a lady arrives seconds after they do and says she will take Anne but neither Anne nor Marilla were too found of her. It seemed as though she practically used children as slaves, Marilla knew she couldn’t possibly let her have Anne. “Well we havent decided yet ,” she had said in response . She took her home to Matthew who had not wanted send her back as it was and they talked it over and decided to let her stay. Anne slept in the east gabble ,went to Sunday school , learned prayers and sat at green gables doing her patch work like the other girls in Avonlea. But un like other girls she did not have puffed sleeves and of this she made such a fuss but she decide if she could not have them she would just have to imagine she did. She often complained about her looks and Marilla became concerned she was a very vain little girl. Anne had also never had real friends but soon after arriving at green gables met a girl named Diana Berry who had black eyes and black hair and was a fair bit chubbier than skinny Anne. Diana soon became Anne’s bosom friend and later Anne became friends with two girls named Jane Andrews and Ruby Gillis. Through out the This story Anne endures many obstacles such as the Pye sisters and mind you Anne creates some too, In this heart warming page turner.
6. One morning Matthew sets off for the asylum to pick up an orphan boy but to his surprise waiting for him is a skinny ,red haired, freckle faced orphan girl named Anne. He knew he couldn’t just leave her there so he brought her home. Marilla explained how there must have been some mistake . Anne burst into tears and began to explain how no one had ever wanted her and that she should have known it was to good to be true. Marilla went to take her back a lady arrives seconds after they do and says she will take Anne but neither Anne nor Marilla were too found of her. So Marilla took Anne home to Matthew who had not wanted send her back as it was and they talked it over and decided to let her stay.
7. How long did it take you to write Anne Of Green Gables? What gave you the idea for this Novel? Does Anne’s hair ever become an auburn color?Do Anne and Diana actually Stay bosom friends For ever?
8. This Novel has taught me quite a few things about life. It has taught me to appreciate the little things and that every one has a flaw. It has also taught me that there are many different types of people, the out spoken type, the shy type ,the hard workers and the slackers. I have also learned how much times have changed. Back then they found it unacceptable to not go to church, and now almost over half the worlds population dose not even believe in god never mind go to church. And back then if you wanted a new dress you made it you didn’t grab your wallet and go to the mall . I find it sad that a lot of these skills and traditions and such we had then have been forgotten. I have also realized how our English has changed now we have slang and then they used words like fort night. This book is truly full of life lesson I didn’t even notice really just how many there were until I wrote this Paragraph. I give this book .. I give this book a three star rating . I give it this rating because it’s quite different from what I usually read ,but it still didn’t bore me to tears. All in all it was a pretty good book and the characters were quite relatable. I really loved how easily the characters were to analyze. The things that happen through out this story were very well described and painted a very vivid mental picture. This book also was full of life’s many life lessons and experiences. The only things I really didn’t like were the fact it was 400 pages and that I didn’t understand quite a few words as they were older English.