'Practice' - Managing Farmland Resources for Profit (Steph Nellis)Presentation Transcript
‘Practice’ – Managing farmland
resources for profit
Steph Nellis, CSF
Example of CSF measures
• All: Nutrient management planning
• Arable: Cover Crops
• Livestock: Roofing of livestock area
Other Natural England Initiatives
• Agri-environment schemes: ELS/HLS and
classic schemes CSS and ESA
• Another example of current payments made
to farmers to improve the environment.
• ESA/CSS and ELS/HLS.
• All current schemes discussed are ending
• Changes will happen and payment for
ecosystem services likely to be incorporated
into new schemes
• Crucial time to be inputting into pilot to
influence future decisions.