Small Steps to Health and Wealth Twitter Chat PR Flyer-04-14
Celebrate Financial Literacy Month!
eXtension Twitter Chat:
Small Steps to Health and Wealth™
Sponsored by eXtension: http://www.extension.org/personal_finance
Tuesday April 29, 1-2 pm EDT
Twitter chats are very easy to participate in. All you need is a Twitter account user name (handle)
and password. Chats have a unique hashtag that serves as a “magnet” to link everyone’s tweets
together. The moderator guides the discussion around a series of questions labeled Q1, Q2, Q3,
etc. Participants respond with A1, A2, A3, etc. to match their tweet to the questions.
Any of these three platforms can be used to monitor the flow of tweets: Twubs (www.twubs.com),
Tweetchat (www.tweetchat.com), or Tchat.io (http://www.tchat.io/). Simply choose one and
insert #SSHWchat into the textbox that pops up so you can tweet and view the Twitter stream.
♦ Decide which Twitter chat platform you want to use (see above)
♦ Log in to that platform at 1pm EDT on Tuesday, April 29
♦ Include the hashtag #SSHWchat in your tweets during the Twitter chat
♦ Create valuable content; those who participate will be placed in a drawing for gift cards
Twitter Chat Questions
• T1: In what ways are health and personal finances related?
• T2: What is something that people can do every day to improve their health?
• T3: What is something that people can do every day to improve their personal finances?
• T4: What is your favorite personal finance book, Web site, phone app, or curriculum?
• T5: Since it is Financial Literacy Month, how do you personally define financial literacy?
• T6: What are your best tips to put people on the path to better health and greater wealth?