PAYMENT OUT APPROVAL
1. Document Rule
1. Document Rule window is used to define a rule for providing multilevel approvals for each
2. The rule is nothing but defining various hierarchy of roles to be involved in the approval
process. Based on the definition the approvals takes place.
3. Various rules can also be set for a document type based on the value also multiple role can
be selected in one level so that any one role can approve the document.
To set Document Rule
1. Select the Organization.
2. Select the document type.
3. Click on Add Rule button.
4. Specify Value and specify the roles for initiating the request and approvals.
Case 1: Single Rule with Value as zero
* There should be at least one rule set for each document type.
* Rule with Value as zero will be the default rule in that case.
* This rule is applicable for all Project Value.
Case 2: Rules with multiple Values
* Based on the Value for the selected document type, the corresponding rule will be
executed. Refer the figure below.
Value Rule No.
0 to 49999 1
50000 and Above 2
* Any role in the specified hierarchy can initiate a request. After initiating a request, role present
next to the Initiator can approve the request.
* The final role in the hierarchy is the final approver of the request. If the final role itself initiates
the request, the document is directly approved without any further approvals.
• Once completed, click submit which displays success message.
2 Payment Out
• The payment out window allows to make and manage supplier's payments done to settle
different types of documents such as orders and invoices. This window also allows to
manage the supplier's payments already made in the purchase invoice window same way as
the G/L item payments made in a G/L Journal.
• The Add Details button opens the Add Payment window where outstanding documents to be
paid can be selected.
• Once the payment is processed the lines tab list all the orders and invoices and even G/L
items included in the payment.
• Based on the document rule the document will be waiting for next level of approval.
• Approval history will keep track of all the process from requester submission to approval.
• We can revoke the document which is waiting for an approval by clicking on Revoke
Request, if we need to do any modifications.
• Click on done button will revert the document from approval and status will be updated.
3 Payment Out Approval
• Payment Out Approval window is used to review and approve Payment Out processed in the
system. It will list all the Payment Out which is waiting for user’s approval.
• Select the document which need to be approved . On selecting the corresponding line it will
open a pop-up as below.
• Clicking on Show History link it will display the approval process and comments.
• On clicking the Approve button it will check for the next level approval based on the
document rule and it will be available for the next role that need to be approved.
• If there is no next level approval then the document will be approved.
• On clicking the Rework button it will send back the document to the requester with initial
status as “Awaiting Payment” .
• Navigate to Payment Out window and check the status of the document. It will be updated
from Waiting for Approval to Payment Made.