THIS IS ME
My name is Zaur Aliyev and I’m a designer.
I am interested in the way things work, more speci cally why some
things work well and some things don’t. I consider myself a designer but
not just making things look pretty. Design is solving problems through
iteration and developing a coherent solution focusing on the user and
After graduating from Hacettepe University in Computer Systems
Technology, I interned at Medyasoft Turkey as a designer. I was designing
e-Learning platforms and book covers. Which this company is partner with
Adobe, Microsoft, Autodesk, Symantec, IMB, Babylon, Blackboard and others.
My eye for design allows me to look at things rom many di erent
perspectives and make decisions based on various scenarios of usage.
My degree allowed me learn how to learn by myself.
Currently I am a web designer for a Digital Media Company at Downtown
Toronto on the experience design team. As part of this role I have learnt
aspects of conversion design as well as social media integration and SEO.
In this role, I design PSD web site designs, PSD to CSS & XHTML, wordpress
theme designs, wordpress blogs, wordpress plugins, Twitter background designs,
Youtube channel design, banners, business cards, logo designs, Graphic designs
I’m not ashamed to admit that I’m a bit of a geek when it comes to the
latest technology. I am always researching better and more e cient ways
of completing a task. I am excited about the advancements of things
such as CSS3 & HTML5 and the Chrome OS.
As someone wiser than me once said “Design is not just the way it looks
but the way it works”.
Why should you hire me?
Good question. Because I am:
- Have sharp eye
- Out of box thinker
- Simple, clean, best design
- User friendly design
- Always look from user’s perspective. What they need not what I need
- Work independent
- Search and learn it by myself if need something
- Always be sure I am doing my best and it is best one out there
- Everyday keep learning new technology and be sure I am keeping yourself up to date
- Know what I am doing
- Most important I love my job and I enjoy it!
Webmaster & Web Designer - Designing full websites PSD format
Double Take Net Media - Convert PSD les to XHTML & Full CSS
Jan 2010 - Present - Designing Wordpress Themes
Toronto, ON - Creating Wordpress Blogs
- Designing Twitter Pages and managing them
- Full Search Engine Optimization support on every website
- Programs: Photoshop CS5, Dreamweaver CS5, Illustrator CS5
- Designing banners, Youtube Channels
- Platform: Mac
Web Designer - Freelance - Designing full FLASH websites for CYAN MEDIA and Clients
CYAN MEDIA - Programs: Photoshop CS4, Dreamweaver CS4, Illustrator CS4, Flash CS4, Acrobat Pro
June 2009 - Present - Face to face customer relation
Toronto, ON - Platforms: Mac & PC
Web and Print Designer - Designing website
Sposa Wedding Magazine - Designing magazine for print(PDF le)
May 2008 – June 2009 - Installing and managing o ce network between computers(Mac & PC)
Toronto, ON - Installing and managing network printers
- Buying and installing required software(Mac & PC) including Operating Systems
- Preparing tutorials for o ce workers(Flash)
- Programs: Photoshop CS3, Dreamweaver CS3, Illustrator CS3, InDesign CS3,
Acrobat Pro, Adobe Captivate, Flash CS3
- Platforms: Mac & PC
Web Designer - Designing advertising pages(HTML & PSD) of Apple Inc. Canada
Jib Design & Advertising - Then testing these emails. They have to work properly all threebrowsers( refox,
October 2007 – May 2008 iexplorer, safari) and both(Mac, Windows) platforms
Toronto, ON - Face to face customer relation
- Programs: Photoshop CS3, Dreamweaver CS3, Illustrator CS3
- Platforms: Mac & PC