Sport & Inclusion
Inclusion is ...
... the valorisation of a self-determined
and equal-opportunity participation
by all people in a societal life
independent of their culture and ethnicity,
age, gender, sexual identity,
handicap or religion (philosophy)..
With the support of:
Kiel Sports Association is founding a network whose aim is to open for people who in the past were
either totally unrepresented or under-represented. A first step of our joint endeavours is the
participation and integration of
● People with constraints and limitations,
● People with a history of immigration,
● Socially deprived people,
● People of all age groups
in existing and new proposals of the Kiel Sports Association.
The cooperation will be a driving force and impulse generator to the realisation of new and
overlapping sporting proposals which are more easily achievable in association.
Together with highschools and other partners new ways will be found to create inclusive sport in Kiel.
This cooperation in association serves the target of making it possible for the actors of the
organising sports to forge links in the Kiel region on the theme of inclusion and to anchor inclusion
in the structures and daily life of the associations.
KIEL SPORTS ASSOCIATION COOPERATION AGREEMENT
ON THE STRENGTHENING OF INCLUSIVE SPORTS
Mission and Aims of the networks
1. Transparentcy and public-relations:
A fundamental component of the networks is the equitable partnership of all participants on a level
playing field. This is brought about through transparent representation and public relations.
As shared objectives we see
● Sensitisation on the themes of Inclusion and Participation in the Kiel Sports Association
seen from within and without;
● Active overlapping publicity for inclusive sports proposals;
● Improvements to the online content of sports information as much in individual websites
as in links to this information via the Intus platform.
● Extension of the proposals in the framework of the “Fit in Kiel” brochure of Kiel City Council.
2. Sports political lobbying:
Sports politics should be taken into account in a balanced and responsible way in the development rese-
arch where inclusive standards are employed in communications and improved.
As strategic measures we envisage
● the alliance of interfaces of organisations, universities, and foundations at City
and State levels.
● the construction of a sports infrastructure, creation of barrier-free facilities during renovation
work and new construction of sports facilities and grounds..
● the opening of regional sports centres to all target groups in the sense of an unrestricted
range of sporting activities.
3. Association Development:
In regular exchanges with the Kiel Sports Associations we see the potential opportunity for various
sporting activities to be broadened and used.
4. Fundraising acquisitions:
For the implementation of inclusive sports projects it is possible to develop these in cooperation
with network support. For these projects the support of fundraising from subsidies would be advisable.
5. Networking structures:
Cooperating members take it in turns to organise the working sessions. The Associations each take
turns in organising the meetings. The preparation and coordination of meetings are organised with
mutual support. Unaffected by this are the projects of the participating sports associations of the Kiel
area. The costs of the meetings and proposals are born by the host association. For shared projects an
appropriate budget is prepared and shared by the participant associations.
6. First organisation structures ...
... will be organised by a steering and strategy group.
The network invites further associations and interested people to join the team and cooperate,
this creating the development of inclusive sport in the Kiel area.
Contact for the cooperation association:
Immelmannstraße 10 i · 24159 Kiel
We thank the Kiel City Council and
the Advisory committee for handicapped persons
for the development of this project.