Sharpening Your People Skills

967 views

Published on

  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

Sharpening Your People Skills

  1. 1. BUILD STRONGER RELATIONSHIPS BY <ul><li>SHARPENING </li></ul><ul><li>YOUR PEOPLE </li></ul><ul><li>SKILLS </li></ul>
  2. 2. BUILD STRONGER RELATIONSHIPS BY SHARPENING YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS <ul><li>Categories of People: </li></ul><ul><li>Like SHARKS: 1. Aggressive 2.Controlled 3. Movers and Shakers 4. Confrontation </li></ul><ul><li>Like CARPS: 1.Lethargic 2.Weak 3.Watch things happen 4.Avoid responsibility </li></ul><ul><li>Like DOLPHINS: 1.Combine strength of sharks and carps 2 Have a mission in Life </li></ul><ul><li>3.Having fun on the way to reaching the goal. </li></ul><ul><li>BROADLY PEOPLE ARE DIVIDED INTO THREE CATEGORIES. </li></ul><ul><li>A. PEOPLE WHO WATCH THINGS HAPPEN </li></ul><ul><li>B. PEOPLE WHO MAKES THINGS HAPPEN – LEADERS </li></ul><ul><li>C. PEOPLE WHO WONDER WHAT THINGS ARE HAPPENING </li></ul><ul><li>SHARKS – OVERLY RESPONSIBLE </li></ul><ul><li>CARPS - DON’T GET INVOLVED </li></ul><ul><li>DOLPHIN- DEEP SENSE OF PURPOSE WHICH ONE ARE YOU? </li></ul>
  3. 3. BUILD STRONGER RELATIONSHIPS BY SHARPENING YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS <ul><li>1. UNDERSTAND YOURSELVES </li></ul><ul><li>DISCOVER THE UNIQUE STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES YOU BRING TO EVERY RELATIONSHIP </li></ul><ul><li>2 VALUING YOURSELF AND OTHERS </li></ul><ul><li>GAIN A GREATER UNDERSTANDING AND APPRECIATION OF </li></ul><ul><li>YOUR OWN PERSONAL STYLE AS WELL AS THE STYLE OF OTHERS </li></ul><ul><li>3. DEVELOPING YOUR VERSATILITY </li></ul><ul><li>LEARN HOW TO ADAPT YOUR PERSONAL STYLE TO </li></ul><ul><li>MEET THE NEEDS OF OTHERS </li></ul>
  4. 4. BUILD STRONGER RELATIONSHIPS BY SHARPENING YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS <ul><li>UNDERSTANDING YOURSELF </li></ul><ul><li>THE FIRST STEP IN SHARPENING YOUR PEOPLE SKILL IS TO DISCOVER THE UNIQUE STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES YOU BRING TO EVERY RELATIONSHIP. </li></ul><ul><li>1 EVERY ONE HAS STRENGTHS: </li></ul><ul><li>a. BUILD ON THEM FIRST </li></ul><ul><li>b. SEEK TO MAXIMISE THE IMPACT OF YOUR STRENGTH </li></ul><ul><li>C. FIND OUT WHAT YOU DO WELL AND DO MORE OF IT </li></ul><ul><li>2. EVERY ONE HAS WEAKNESSES </li></ul><ul><li>a. Build on them second </li></ul><ul><li>b. Seek to minimise the impact of your weaknesses </li></ul><ul><li>c. Find out what you don’t do well and do less of it </li></ul>
  5. 5. BUILD STRONGER RELATIONSHIPS BY SHARPENING YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS <ul><li>ACCORDING TO A STUDY CONDUCTED BY THE STANFORD RESEARCH INSTITUTE,HARWARD UNIVERSITY AND CARNAGE FOUNDATION. </li></ul><ul><li>15% OF THE REASON YOU GET A JOB,KEEP A JOB AND MOVE AHEAD IN THAT JOB IS DETERMINED BY YOUR TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE --- REGARDLESS OF YOUR PROFESSION. </li></ul><ul><li>THE OTHER 85% HAS TO DO WITH YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS AND PEOPLE KNOWLEDGE. </li></ul>
  6. 6. BUILD STRONGER RELATIONSHIPS BY SHARPENING YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS <ul><li>SETTING GOALS </li></ul>
  7. 7. DANIEL THE LEADER <ul><li>CHAPTER :1 KING OF JUDAH JEHOIAKING </li></ul><ul><li>NEBUCHADNEZZAR KING OF BABYLON ASKED CHIEF OF HIS COURT OFFICIAL ASHPENAZ TO BRING IN SOME OF THE ISRAELITES FROM THE ROYAL FAMILY. </li></ul><ul><li>HIS EXPECTATION OF PEOPLE WHO SHOULD SERVE IN THE PALACE: </li></ul><ul><li>1.YOUNG MEN 2.NO PHYSICAL DISABILITY 3.HANDSOME 4.SHOWIG APTITUDE FOR EVERY KIND OFLEARNING 5WELL INFORMED 6.QUICK TO UNDERSTAND 7.QUALIFIED TO SERVE IN THE PALACE </li></ul><ul><li>THEY WERE GIVEN BEST FOOD </li></ul><ul><li>THEY WERE TO BE TRAINED FOR 3 YEARS BEFORE TAKING UP THE POST </li></ul><ul><li>BUT DANIEL LOOKED UNTO GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS </li></ul>
  8. 8. DANIEL’S REACTION TO THE DECREE <ul><li>CHAPTER 2:15-23 </li></ul><ul><li>NOT SCARED </li></ul><ul><li>BELIEVED THE GOD WHOM HE WORSHIP WILL DELIVER </li></ul><ul><li>HE SPOKE WITH WISDOM AND TACT </li></ul><ul><li>HE ASKED FOR TIME. </li></ul><ul><li>HE WENT AND FIRST SHARED WITH HANANIAH,MISHAEL AND AZARIAH. </li></ul><ul><li>HE ASKED THEM TO PLEAD WITH GOD </li></ul><ul><li>HE WENT AND PRAYED GOD TO SHOW –THEN GOD REVEALED </li></ul><ul><li>NOW HE WENT BOLDLY AND TOLD NOT TO EXECUTE WISE MEN – SHOWS HIS CONCERN FOR OTHERS </li></ul><ul><li>HE FACES THE KING AND SAYS HE CANNOT REVEAL BUT HIS GOD HAS REVEALED TO HIM THE DREAM.CH2:27 </li></ul><ul><li>WHEN DANIEL BECOME LEADER HE JOINE HIS FRIENDS IN THE TEAM – TRUSTWORTHY TEAM CH:2:49 </li></ul>

×