• No stylesheets property
• No scripts property
• jQuery is not automatically loaded on all pages anymore in Drupal 8
• To define your asset libraries you need to add THEMENAME.libraries.yml
In this library yml file we can add the required css/js files as below eg:
• To add a region to a theme there are 2 require steps :
Adding region metadata to your THEMENAME.info.yml
print that new region into the page.html.twig file.
For example :
header_top : Header Top
Print this new region in your twig template
1. page.header: Items for the header region.
2. page.primary_menu: Items for the primary menu region.
3. page.secondary_menu: Items for the secondary menu region.
4. page.highlighted: Items for the highlighted content region.
5. page.help: Dynamic help text, mostly for admin pages.
6. page.content: The main content of the current page.
7. page.sidebar_first: Items for the first sidebar.
8. page.sidebar_second: Items for the second sidebar.
9. page.footer: Items for the footer region.
10. page.breadcrumb: Items for the breadcrumb region.
These are 10 default regions coming from base theme classic.