Strengthen Connections with
Build Your Own Personal Learning
Lea Graner Kennedy
Objectives of workshop
• As we meet dynamic colleagues at COLT, learn
how to start or improve your use of Twitter to
foster rich dialogues with professionals who
provide inspiration to improve instruction &
curriculum beyond our days together at COLT.
• Participants will have opportunities to
brainstorm names of thought leaders they
follow in various categories.
So many ways to build your PLN
• Today’s short workshop will
focus just on the use of Twitter
World Language Teachers love to
network and share resources!
• Barbara Lindsey of CT @LindseyBP
• Kevin Gaugler of NY @Gaugler
• Toni Theisen of CO @ToniTheisen
• Silvia Tolisano of U.S. @Langwitches
• Tom Sauer of KY @
However, most networking for
language teachers has been done in
live time only.
• District workshops for WL teachers
• COLT, NECTFL, ACTFL conferences
• Collaboration for trips
…All of these are scheduled on specific dates,
require release time, money and often a sub.
Twitter can fill many roles:
asynchronous, real time, tagging, sharing
Online Networks allow you to jump
into the conversation & collaborate
at any convenient time.
Streamline your networks: Brizzly.com
combines Twitter & Facebook
Twitter is like a professional
• Feel free to share an idea or learn about a
new idea when you have time.
• Don’t try to catch up on all the
conversations you missed.
• Acknowledge other people’s contributions
to the conversation.
Use your PLN to improve
instruction of the 5 C’s
Let’s share resource! @LeaGK