The Exact Location of Eden
is not known
• Now the LORD God had
planted a garden in the east,
in Eden; Gen 2:8
• Here to the left is an
approximate area of the Garden
• A river flowing out of Eden watered the garden.
• The River became four rivers; Pison, Gihon,
Euphrates and Tigris
• Every waking moment her eyes rested on beauty
• No thorns to walk on and no rain in the sky ( only mist that watered the
garden) Gen 2:6 but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of
• Gen 2:9 The LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that
were pleasing to the eye and good for food.
Even More Than the Beauty
• Relationship with Adam
• A perfect relationship, never selfish, never insensitive or unkind
• Eve never had hormonal imbalances….
• Best of all was her relationship with God
• Communing with God as a friend, walking and talking with Him in the
• Gen 3:8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was
walking in the garden in the cool of the day
• Enter Satan, he had lost his exalted position and was not
powerful enough to beat God, so he went after God’s
• Eve desire to “HAVE MORE” made the devil’s work
• Gen 2: 16-17 And
the LORD God commanded
the man, “You are free to
eat from any tree in the
garden; 17 but you must not
eat from the tree of the
knowledge of good and
evil, for when you eat from
it you will certainly die.”
• Tree of knowledge of good
• This was told to Adam…
• Tempting Eve, Satan said…“You will not
certainly die,” the serpent said to the
woman. 5 “For God knows that when you
eat from it your eyes will be opened, and
you will be like God, knowing good and
evil.” Gen 3:4-5
• Gen 3:6 When the woman saw that the
fruit of the tree was good for food and
pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for
gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it.
She also gave some to her husband, who
was with her, and he ate it.
James 1:14-15 But each person is
tempted when he is lured and
enticed by his own desire.15 Then
desire when it has conceived gives
birth to sin, and sin when it is fully
grown brings forth death.
Knew They Were Naked
• Gen 3:7…so they sewed fig leaves together
and made coverings for themselves.
• Gen 3:8 Then the man and his wife heard the
sound of the LORD God as he was walking in
the garden in the cool of the day, and they
hid from the LORD God among the trees of
Sin Has Consequences
• Guilt, Shame and Fear (new to her)
• Adam blamed her and now her relationship with
• Alienated from God (Physically alive but dead to
• Escorted from the Garden
• Adam to toil the cursed soil with thorns and briars Gen 3:17-19
• “I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
• From her womb will come the lineage of JESUS the son of God, who
would at the cross triumph over EVIL.
• If you lived as Eve did in the Garden. What part of it would be the most
precious to you? Can you see a parallel with God’s paradise and heaven?
• Can you remember when you were first TEMPTED? What thoughts
troubled your heart? What Satanic LIE fueled that temptation?
• Does the pleasure of sin outweigh its curse?
• What sins TEMPT us?