Business Trends in IT/ITES industries in India

972 views

Published on

India as an emerging market offers a large pool of IT savvy resources. IDC India and NASSCOM predict that Indian Domestic IT/ITES industry will grow from 99,254 INR crores in 2008 to 2,06,398 INR crores in 2013 which constitutes 39% of total revenue. The IT/ITES Exports Revenue constitutes remaining 61% of revenue share by 2013. As of today, in India IT/ITES industries are highly localized and clustered in seven Indian cities.

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
972
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
42
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Business Trends in IT/ITES industries in India

  1. 1. 6/2/2012 iPOTT Getting you there… Business Trends in IT/ITES industries in India India as an emerging market offers a large pool of IT savvyTech Trends resources. IDC India and NASSCOM predict that Indian Domestic IT/ITES industry will grow from 99,254 INR crores in 2008 to 2,06,398 INR crores in 2013 which constitutes 39% of total revenue. The IT/ITES Exports Revenue constitutesTo visit this blog Click here. remaining 61% of revenue share by 2013.iPOTT being an end to end As of today, in India IT/ITES industries are highly localized andprovider of innovative and cost clustered in seven Indian cities. These places includeeffective services in the areas of Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Gurgaon/Noida/New Delhi,knowledge management, sales Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune. Due to infrastructure limits andenablement and consulting offers scarcity of land the geographical spread is gradually expandinga unique and unbiased platform to cover Ahmedabad, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh,for software product companies Coimbatore, Jaipur, Kochi, Madurai, Mangalore, Mysore andworldwide to reach their target Trivandrum.markets It is estimated that over 80% of IT units in India are SMEs and they constitute only 30% of the entire IT exports from India. www.ipott.om Access to high quality education has created a growing pool of info@ipott.com resources. Further economic liberalization and initiatives at central and state levels to improve the ease of doing businesses have catalyzed Entrepreneurship. The spread of e- governance and improvement in infrastructural capabilities has resulted in significant growth in entrepreneurial activities. The IT/ITES industry has a major impact on the labor market in India. It is estimated that nearly 8 to 10 million employees directly or indirectly support the IT/ITES industry in India. In contrast to this, India saw the highest attrition rate of 23% in first quarter of 2010-2011 in IT industry. Some of the challenges faced by mid-sized companies in current market scenario include competition from low cost countries, growing attrition rates along with employability issues, increasing cost
  2. 2. of operations, high client concentration to deliverservices(52%), higher cost of acquiring new clients andchanges in structure of demand. Alternative means ofadopting new technology that incurs lesser cost is rampant.With this cloud computing once again plays an important role.However this is with reference to mid-tier companies.The larger companies do rely on clients, but the extent ofclient concentration is lower and is about 28% (PwC, 2011).Migrating legacy systems and transformations reflectingchanges in processes are of very high priority to them. Withthe advent of entrepreneurs, competition increases asinnovations increase. This has created way for incubationcenters and venture capital creation to help emergingbusinesses get the funds required and collaborate with themto gain first-mover advantage in local and global market.

×