India Future Society (IFS)
and Future Day
March 1st, 2015
By, Siddartha S Verma
Present- Systems Engineer at TCS, India
Past- B.Tech (CUSAT, India), M.Sc. (UWA, Perth), IBM India Pvt. Ltd. (Bangalore)
List of Team members, Advisory board members and Authors-
Founder and President
Co-Founder and Secretary
Siddartha S Verma
Dr. Raghuraj Singh
Dr. Prabhat Verma
Advisory Team members
Dr. Aubrey de Grey
Dr. Ilia Stambler
Dr. James Hughes
Dr. Kim Solez
Dr. Natasha Vita-More
Dr. Miriam J.S.Leis
Jameson N. Rohrer
Chris T. Armstrong
Our website and social media-
IFS webpage- www.indiafuturesociety.org
Facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/IndiaFutureSociety/
• Chapter of Humanity +
• Member of International Longevity Alliance (ILA)
• Third year in organizing Future Day
First year (2013) was events in Ranchi and Kanpur.
Progress and developments –
• Continued collaborated global effort to add to growth of organization
• Publishing of articles on emerging and future technologies by founder Avinash
• Continued interest from international community
• More reach in public and outreach
• Co-founder is going to assist David Orban (Hungarian entrepreneur and CEO of
Dotsub) in organizing a meeting for Network Society in March, 2015
Why India Future Society?
• To spread awareness about future and emerging technologies for masses and use
of technology to expand human capacities.
An image showing Technology Review publishing about emerging technologies
• We focus on the practical aspects and benefit which can be obtained by studying
and working on this.
Radical Life Extension
Artificial General Intelligence (AGI)
Researchers around the world are
working in this field and studying
The implications of this work.
Image shows the banner of a
conference organized in this area.
Picture of Ben Goertzel, an
eminent AGI researcher.
around the World are
achieving this. One
prominent figure in this
field Aubrey de Grey
• It is being organized in many countries this year- over 20 cities around the world like- Utah,
Springfield, San Francisco, Columbia, Paris, Seattle and other places.
• It is a day to focus and celebrate the efforts of people around the world who
are working in their domains for a better future.
• Like Childrens Day (in India), Republic Day, Independence Day and many other national holidays,
if Future Day is celebrated as a Global holiday, it will be more effective.
• First Future Day was hosted in march, 2012 and the idea was given by AI researcher Ben
Goertzel and Humanity + organization is putting effort to make this happen. IFS is contributing for
• Other organization which endorse Future Day are- Foresight Education and Research Network
(FERN), Second Tree, Kororoit Institute, Open Cog, Amplify and others.
• Previous Future Day events have been held in Australia (Melbourne, Sydney), Asia (Hong Kong),
USA (Edmonton, Berkeley, Hawaii & Houston, Utah, LA, Palo Alto, Washington), Brazil, Belgium
(Brussels), France (Paris), Poland (Wroclaw), Virtual Reality (Second Life), and many more places
all over the globe!
We look forward to continued collaboration ..