Network programming in
Mastering the layers of protocol stack
• Not a developer.
• Security guy who codes from time to time
• Been using Python for over four years.
• Interested Networks & Software exploitation
• In love with Python & Assembly ;)
• Sucks at making power points.
• Batteries included.
• Powerful third party libraries.
• Python saves a lot of 'programmer’ time.
• Simple Learning curve.
Some Python tools..
PART - I
• Core protocols(TCP, UDP, IPV4, IPV6)
• TCP options, IP options
• Packet headers
• Byte order
PART - II
• Socket address structures
• Socket options
• TCP Sockets, UDP Sockets
• Name functions, Byte order functions
• Basic scripts(day time, echo, time out)
• Simple port scanner
PART - III
PART - IV
• Typical network errors & exception handling
Network errors & Debugging
PART - V
Third party libraries
PART - VI
• Intro to Raw Sockets
• Port scanner using raw sockets
- SYN Scan
- ACK Scan
- Other techniques
PART - VII
• Some interesting scenario based scripts.
(possibly using a WLAN to watch them in
Scenario based scripts
PART - VIII
• Going beyond what's covered in the workshop