Carla, Juanjo, Iván, Ángela
Ximo, Mónica, Sara, Esther
SCHOOL EDUCATIONAL PROJECT:
LINGUISTIC NORMALIZATION PLAN
In every educational plan it is necessary to take into
The specific needs of the students.
The socioconomic content.
There are three bilingual and prurilingual education
1. Teaching through Valencian Programme.
2. Linguistic Immersion Programme.
3. Valencian Progressive Incorporation Programme.
1. Teaching through Valencian
• Valencian speaking areas.
• Schools with a major number of Valencian speaking
• Use of Valencian as a basic learning language.
School Pare Melchor in Benissa (Town where people
speak Valencian, as a native language).
Decree 79/1984. of July 30th, Article 9 (DOGV August 23rd)
2. Linguistic Immersion Programme.
• Located in predominant Valencian areas.
• Major Spanish speaking number of students.
• Voluntary choice of families.
• Respect to the students usual language.
• Spanish and Valencian are the basic learning languages.
Schools in Benidorm (City in Comunidad Valenciana where
people speak Spanish more than Valencian).
Order of 23rd of November, 1990 (DOGV March 4 and correction of errors on 10
July 1991), and Order of 12th of May, 1994 (DOGV of 19th of July)
3. Valencian Progressive Incorporation
• Located in predominant Valencian areas that do not
apply the Valencian language teaching programme or
linguistic immersion programme.
• Schools located in predominant speaking areas.
• Spanish is the basic learning language with at least one
subject in primary school and two subjects in secondary
school in Valencian learning language.
School in Valencia where children only study
“Conocimiento del Medio” in Valencian.
Decree 79/1984, of July 30th, Article 10 (DOGV August 23rd)
To sum up… Plurilingual Education
Valencian as language of
both official as language of
Spanish as language of
At least one non-linguistic
subject in Valencian
Valencian speaking area Valencian speaking area
Major number of Valencian
Major number of Spanish speaking
PROGRAM ORGANIZATION DOCUMENTS
• School Educational Project
• Linguistic Normalization Plan
• Program Particular Design
• School Linguistic Project
The Specif Design of Program.
• DPP is the specification and contextualizing of bilingual
or multilingual education programa to the particular
reality of each school.
• It allows:
Develop the specific approppiate program for each school.
To Know the status of the use of languages in each centre.
Revilitazation and promotion of the vehicular us of Valencian.
To make decisions about the use of Valencian and foreign
language as vehicular languages.
Schools that should develop a DPP
• Schools in the predominant Valencian speaking áreas.
• Schools in the predominant Spanish.
Those wish to apply a bilingual o multilingual
• It should be developed by the Comimittee on
• It should be approved by the School Board.
• General objetives.
• The proportion of the use of Valencian, Spanish and English.
• The schedule for the different subjects.(Only Inmersion)
• The moment and sequence for the readding and writing
sistematic introduction in Valencian and Spanish.
• Metodological treatment of different languages.
• The Provision of activities (For the students when special
attention is required).
Annual General Program:
Annual information DPP’ status of implementation.
DPP’s content – Progressive
A. General Objectives. (Infant Primary)
B. Proportion of use in Valencian and Spanish as
languages for Instruction.
• C. Different schedules for the subjects along the
• D. Timing and sequence for systematic
introduction of reading and writing in Valencian
• E. Methodological treatment of Valencian,
Spanish and foreign language.
• F. Provision of activities for new students
joining the Valencian education system and that
may require specific attention.
DPP DESIGN IN SECONDARY SCHOOL
• General objectives official curriculum (eso, bach, vt)
Curriculum of Batxillerat
• Methodological treatment of the different languages
• Treatment of students who need individual attention
• Proportion of use in Valencian, Spanish and foreign language/s
• Forecast of the teachers’ distribution according to their linguistic
competence in the different languages
• The Provision of activities for new students joining the Valencian
education system, who may require specific attention to replace
their low linguistic competence .
SCHOOL LINGUISTIC PROJECT
• Teaching’s centre document to organize and develop the Linguistic
1. Details of the teaching centre/school.
2. Context analysis.
3. Authorised programmes.
4. Applied programmes.
5. Linguistic Objectives.
6. Introduction to reading and writing.
7. Methodologies to integrate languages.
8. Gradation of Language Integrated Treatment.
9. Organisation of human and material resources.
10. Teacher training.
11.The Centre's project to improve the aplication of the plurilingual program.
12. Implementation calendar.
13.Linguistic normalization Plan.