• Media Information
• The No1 UK magazine for study abroad.
• 150000 free copies.
• Available by subscription also.
• Designed by the UK’s premier marketing agency for education
• Distributed by one of Europe’s major magazine distributors.
• Aimed at parents, students and business people.
• Available in Airports, Supermarkets, Cruise terminals,
Universities and selected businesses.
• Market value £5 billion p.a.
• Media Information
• New and Interesting content in each issue.
• Real Students, real stories , blogs , interviews and opinion .
• Well written articles about education opportunities outside of
• In country and visa news.
• Stop over and Gap Year information.
• Cultural Information.
• Travel Information.
• Accommodation and Location reviews.
• Advice for parents and students.
• 2009 saw an increase of 40% of UK students choosing to study
abroad. ( British Council)
• 2010 sees 250,000 students set to miss out on UK University places.
• 2011 – Higher costs and proposed taxes set to force UK Students to
look abroad. (BBC)
• 2011 UK students; 700,000 to compete for 500,000 places. (Daily Telegraph)
UK Student Market Value - Overseas UK Student value £5 billion p.a
• The UK Student Market consists of 2.3 million students in higher
• 1.8 million undergraduates.
• 65% of students aged between 18-24.
• 87% of first year undergraduates aged between 18-24.
• A total spend of £15 billion p.a.
What the UK say about Study Abroad
• “high quality degrees are essential,
but in many cases young people
would be better off choosing to
Study Abroad.” Carl Gilleard, of the Association of
• "You have to have some ambition,
some drive to go forward and really
do something , overseas study gives
you that.“ Anthony C Taylor , Graduate and Entrepreneur
• Students should look to "the
challenges of today". Lord Digby Jones, former
Director General of the CBI.
Student Abroad contents
Informative and Interesting
articles about education for;
Graduate and Post Graduate
Gap Year Options
News and Features from
around the World:
High Schools and Academies
Universities and Colleges
Vocational and Occupation Training Providers
Regional Development Agencies
Migration and Visa Agents
Tourism Agencies and Travel Agents
Airline and Transport Companies
Health and Travel Insurers
Travel Accessory Retailers
Money Transfer Agents and Banks
Full details of all
including those for
the language school
listings are available
in a separate
210 x 297 mm
420 x 297mm
180 x 131 mm
180 x 63mm
90 x 130
• Sainsbury’s and
across the UK.
• Major and regional UK
• Selected Colleges and
• High profile businesses
• Cruise terminals.
GKML are appointed to
distribute Student Aboard
and are a trading name of
Condé Nast And National
Other titles GKML distribute
A8 Media are specialists in
the promotion of education
and study abroad, and have
published a number of
different magazines and
Student Abroad Magazine
A8 Media Ltd
UK Head Office
1 Mariners Close
St James Court
Kingston Upon Hull
United Kingdom HU9 1QE
Telephone +44 844 5555 480
The A8 brands are registered trading
names of A8 Media Ltd
Company No. 06827788 at Companies