Semantic Repository of
Pratik Desai, Ph.D.
Open Source Internet of Things (OSIOT)
Pre-Hackathon Project Proposal
• Standardization of data annotation model for “Things”.
• Interoperability in open horizontal platform.
• Provide Graph search on “Thing” database.
• Supplement IoT-toolkit.
• “DNS” like centralized naming system but for “Thing” descriptions.
• Store semantic descriptions of each “Thing” in Neo4j or other triple
• Provide semantic search capabilities.
• Provide API access endpoint for IoT-toolkit enabled devices and 3rd
• Manufactures, hackers, makers, service providers use following
methods to populate repository.
• Simple: Web form based
• No semantic web knowledge required
• Moderate: Graph upload tool
• Supported file types RDF, json-ld, n3
• API upload tool (Debatable)
• REST interface to bunch upload
• Semantic search engine
• URI endpoint to access graph information
Semantic graph search
Web based graph upload tool
API upload tool
3rd Party application
What’s in there for me?
• Sensor and platforms
• Low storage, computation resource
• Energy efficiency
• Enables semantic description and graph
• Enables Intelligent applications
• Communication and Networking
• Low payload
• Supplements IoT-toolkit
• IoT application service
• Sematic web enabled advanced application
• Semantic reasoning
• Simplified sensor discovery