Manajemen Industri PR
H.H. Daniel Tamburian
• Is an influence relationship among leaders &
followers who strive for real change &
outcomes that reflect their shared purposes
• Type of influence tactic:
– Coercion resistant
– Formal position/reward compliance/without
– Expertise/charisma commitment/with
• Personal characteristic
– Self-awareness: the ability to recognize & understand
your moods, emotions, drives, as well as their impact
– Self-control: the ability to regulate & redirect one’s
own disruptive impulses & moods.
– Social awareness: the ability to understand the
emotional make up of other people & the skill to treat
people according to their emotional relations.
– Social skill: the ability to build social
networks, manage relationship, find common ground
& build rapport.
• Leadership behaviours:
– Theory X Leader:
• Negative view of human nature
• View employees as basically lazy & self-centered
• Without the intervention of managers, most employees
would be passive – even resistant – to organizational
• management’s primary task:
persuaded, rewarded, punished, control their activity
• Asumption associated of Theory X Leader:
– My employees dislike work & will try to avoid it if
– My employees want & need me to provide
– I’m responsible for getting my employees to do as
much work as possible.
• Theory Y Leader:
– A composite of propositions & beliefs that take a
leadership & empowering view of management
based on a positive view of human nature.
– Rely on the self-control & self-direction of their
– Employees are not by nature passive or resistant
to organizational needs. They have become so as
result of their experiences in organizations.
• Assumption Associated in Y Leader:
– Most employees like to work.
– I can count on my employees to be self-directed &
work toward the company’s objectives.
– My employees are eager to take on
responsibilities at work.
• Managerial grid:
– Impoverished style
– Country club style
– Produce or perish style
– Team style
– Middle –of-the-road style
(1.9) country club
(5.5) middle of-the-road
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
concern for production
(9.1) produce or