Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

TVCF effectiveness in Vietnam

Nowadays, with the development of online media, people not only spend entertainment time for watching TV, but also for online media special social network.

So is TVC on TV still effective? And do the consumer like watching TVC or not?
This survey was made in order to answer those questions: the effectiveness of TVC on TV and perception of consumer about the TVC

The respondent is 504 Vietnamese among 15-49 years old in Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh city, who watched TV every day.

  • Login to see the comments

TVCF effectiveness in Vietnam

  1. 1. Q&Me is online market research provided by Asia Plus Inc. TVCF effectiveness in Vietnam Asia Plus Inc.
  2. 2. Survey objective Nowadays, with the development of online media, people not only spend entertainment time for watching TV, but also for online media special social network. So is TVC on TV still effective? And do the consumer like watching TVC or not? This survey was made in order to answer those questions: the effectiveness of TVC on TV and perception of consumer about the TVC The respondent is 504 Vietnamese among 15-49 years old in Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh city, who watched TV every day.
  3. 3. How long do you watch TVCF? 50% watch TV more than 1 hour per day. Elderly spend more time on TV Q. How much time do you spend to watch TV per day? 3% 3% 3% 2% 4% 5% 3% 3% 15% 8% 15% 20% 28% 20% 30% 32% 28% 25% 33% 27% 16% 25% 12% 12% 5% 10% 3% 4% 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 80% 90% 100% Total 15-22 23-29 30-49 4 hours and more 3 - 4 hours 2 - 3 hours 1 - 2 hours 31 - 60 minutes Less than 30 minutes I do not watch TV N=532
  4. 4. Opinions about TVCF Only 33% like watching TVCF. However, 44% think TVCF is a good information source Q. How much do you agree with the following statement - I like watching TVC/ TVCF is a good information source for me to refer 8% 25% 48% 13% 6% Do you like watching TVCF Strongly agree Agree Average Disagree Strongly disagree N=504 8% 36% 41% 13% 2% Is TVCF a good information source? Strongly agree Agree Average Disagree Strongly disagree
  5. 5. Do you like watching TVCF Older people and group spend more time to watch TV (heavy watcher) like watching TVC more. Q. How much do you agree with the following statement - I like watching TVC 8% 4% 11% 8% 6% 10% 25% 20% 21% 31% 18% 32% 48% 52% 48% 46% 53% 43% 13% 14% 16% 10% 15% 11% 6% 10% 4% 5% 9% 3% Total 15-22 23-29 30-49 Those who watch TV 1 hour or less Those who watch TV 1 hour and more Strongly agree Agree Average Disagree Strongly disagree N=504
  6. 6. Is TVCF a good information source? TVC is a good information source mainly for heavy watcher Q. How much do you agree with the following statement - TVC is a good information source for me to refer 8% 6% 10% 8% 5% 11% 36% 31% 37% 39% 32% 42% 41% 45% 39% 40% 44% 37% 13% 16% 13% 9% 15% 9% 2% 1% 1% 4% 3% 1% Total 15-22 23-29 30-49 Those who watch TV 1 hour or less Those who watch TV 1 hour and more Strongly agree Agree Average Disagree Strongly disagree N=504
  7. 7. Relationship between TVCF likeness and importance as information source Those who like tend to take TVCF as good information source. Q. How much do you agree with the following statement - TVC is a good information source for me to refer 24% 0% 62% 33% 12% 57% 51% 2% 10% 38% 0% 11% Like watching TVCF Average Dislike watching TVCF Is TVC a good information source? Strongly agree Agree Average Disagree Strongly disagree N=504
  8. 8. TVCF as the source to discuss / search 64% have discussed about TVCF while 52% search them Yes, 64% No, 36% Talked about TVCF in last 3 month? N=504 Yes, 52% No, 48% Searched products after TVCF? Q. Have you talked about TVC with you friends / family in last 3 month? Have you ever searched or go to the website after watching TVC for last 3 month?
  9. 9. Relationship between Post-TVCF actions and opinions about TVCF Even those who do not like TVCF talk about it Q. How much do you agree with the following statement - TVC is a good information source for me to refer 91% 53% 13% 6% 36% 71% 2% 11% 15% Like watching TVCF Average Dislike watching TVCF Talked about TVCF in last 3 month? Yes No Others N=504 81% 43% 4% 15% 48% 87% 4% 10% 9% Like watching TVCF Average Dislike watching TVCF Searched products after TVCF? Yes No Others
  10. 10. TVCF brand in discussion Vinamilk, Samsung and Dien may xanh are the top 3 Q. What are the product / company name of that TVC? 31% 2% 2% 2% 3% 3% 3% 3% 3% 4% 10% 14% 26% Others Romano TH milk Yamaha Heineken Honda Coca cola Omo Aba Oppo Dien may xanh Samsung Vinamilk
  11. 11. TVCF brand in search Vinamilk, Samsung and Aba are top 3 brands that are searched Q. What are the product / company name of that TVC? 36% 3% 3% 3% 4% 4% 5% 7% 8% 14% 20% Other Omo Clear Honda Coca cola TH milk Oppo Dien may xanh Aba Samsung Vinamilk
  12. 12. Popular TVCF example - Vinamilk Vinamilk TVCF is popular among female and federated with fun, exciting image 26% 19% 33% 21% 30% 25% Total Male Female 15-22 23-29 30-49 Brand popularity 33% 39% 51% 56% 66% Good promotions Beautiful images / scenes Interests in products Good music Good brand Reasons to discuss 10% 15% 49% 51% 61% Happy Moving Funny Exciting Fun Emotions from TVCF
  13. 13. Popular TVCF example - Samsung Samsung TVCF is popular among older group and federated with fun, exciting image and good brand 14% 19% 8% 6% 9% 24% Total Male Female 15-22 23-29 30-49 Brand popularity 33% 39% 42% 73% 94% Good promotions Beautiful images / scenes Good pricing Interests in products Good brand Reasons to discuss 6% 9% 18% 52% 79% Proud Funny Happy Fun Exciting Emotions from TVCF
  14. 14. Popular TVCF example - Dien may xanh Dien may xanh TVCF is popular among younger and federated with funny image and good stories 10% 10% 10% 18% 10% 4% Total Male Female 15-22 23-29 30-49 Brand popularity 42% 46% 54% 58% 58% Interests in products Impressive phrases Good music Good stories Good brand Reasons to discuss 29% 46% 71% Exciting Fun Funny Emotions from TVCF
  15. 15. Common celebrities on TVCF Q. Who would be the favorite celebrities that get your attention in TVC? Son Tung M-TP 33% Hoai Linh 17% My Tam 23% Ho Ngoc Ha 9% Tran Thanh 6% Issac 6%
  16. 16. Summary • 50% watch TV more than 1 hour per day. Elderly spend more time on TV, while teens do not watch as long • Only 33% like watching TVCF. However, 44% think TVCF is a good information source. Then, 64% have discussed about TVCF while 52% search them • Older people and group spend more time to watch TV (heavy watcher) like watching TVC more. • Even those who do like TVCF talk about it, which indicates the impact strength of TVCF • Vinamilk, Samsung and Dien may xanh are the top 3 brand that people talk about • Dien may xanh TVCF are popular among teens, due to its funniness
  17. 17. Respondent profile (N=504) Gender Male, 50%Female, 50% 15-22, 29% 23-29, 33% 30-49, 38% Age HCM, 50%Hanoi, 50% City
  18. 18. Q&Me – About Online Market Research Services
  19. 19. Our Solution Survey is conducted via mobile phone and the data is processed real-time Affordable Quick High quality Takes 24 - 48 hours for most surveys, proving real-time analysis Superb real-time analysis for flexible and accurate data collection 1/3 of the competitor pricing
  20. 20. Our Advantage: Direct Panel Management Our strength is 16-39 years old and urban areas. This is where most biz customers would like to research. 330,000 members as of Mar, 2018 0% 1% 18% 31% 22% 14% 7% 3% 3% 1% Age 19% 18% 6% 4%3%3% 47% HCM Hanoi Can Tho Da Nang Hai Phong Dong Nhai Others 56% 44% Male Female Gender City
  21. 21. Process for the quality assurance Questionnaire based on the exact profile • Refined and very derailed database panel Take out users with irrelevant replies • Remove Fake questions hit users • Remove Contradicted answer users • Take out straight answer users Take out speed users • We count the average median time and take out those who are less than that Manual check by the experienced researchers • Our experienced researchers will check the relevance as well as open comments Re-assortment of panelist priorities • Based on the survey results, bad users are screened out while prioritizing those who return s good feedbacks.
  22. 22. Online is considered to be “cheap and bad” in general. Q&Me provides several methods providing data with quality FACT CONSISTENCY SCORE 97% THOUGHT CONSISTENCY SCORE 91% STRAIGHT-LINER/ FLAT- LINER SCORE 89% SPEEDERS SCORE 97% QUALITY CHECK SURVEY SPECIFICATION N (Sample size) 300 IR (Incident rate) 100% LOI (Lenght of Interview) 10 minutes Success Criteria Overral score of 80% or higher THE RESULTS Overal score 93.5% Average score in the industry 73% (*) QC scores are generated by Survey Sampling International (SSI), the Worldwide Leader in Survey Sampling and Data Collection Solutions. Asia Plus (Q&Me) is the preferred partner of SSI in Vietnam. Our quality score by SSI Evaluation for our quality assurance
  23. 23. Contact Us URL: http://www.qandme.net Contact: info@qandme.net Q&Me is operated by Asia Plus Inc. Asia Plus Inc. Floor 2, Songdo Tower, 62A Pham Ngoc Thach Street, Ward 6, District 3, HCM City, Vietnam Tel. +84 839 100 043

×