• When the term, CMS comes to our mind, most of us will be tempted to
utter the common terms like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal and Magento so
on. All these belong to the PHP category of CMS.
• If a curious person inquires us about some popular CMS that are powered
using Node.js, many of us, even developers may fail to answer.
• Like PHP, Node.js is getting established as a powerful back-end language,
hence it has been used for creating some useful CMS structures as well.
• Many of the CMS powered using PHP are fully developed, and some of the
Node.js CMS still remain as a stopped project in “Github”. Here we can
look into the features of some of the most popular Node.js CMS.
• Ghost earns the fame of most popular Node.js CMS.
• It is made accessible in two versions; one for the users and the
other for developers.
• Ghost is open source and is marked as a valuable blogging platform.
• It provides developers with some brilliant marketplace themes for
running a favorable kickstarter campaign.
Official Website: https://ghost.org/
• An open source CMS built for developing database- driven websites so
• Before installing Keystone.js, developers will have to link the project with
MongoDB and Express.
• Developers can work on this platform by including and configuring one
• Admin interfaces will be automatically generated, and the system will
work very fast. The documentation of Keystone.JS is simple.
Official Website: http://keystonejs.com/
• The idea of building Calipso is quite similar to the WordPress.
• Plugins of WordPress are so strong, and we cannot expect the same
from Calipso modules.
• It is simple and fast, but lacks activity and community support.
• Hence, most of the developers skip the usage of this project.
Official Website: http://calip.so/
• Reaction Commerce is a Node.js project dedicated to the e
• It makes use of CoffeScript, Meteor, and MongoDB.
• The script is designed for the purpose of “real-time merchandising”.
• The script is handy, but the codes are on the heavy side.
Official Website: http://reactioncommerce.com/
• PencilBlue utilizes MangoDB, Bootstrap, and it has the backing of
AngularJS as well.
• This platform encompasses plugins that help easy marketing.
• It is a functional project in Github with growing number of
developers and community added to it.
• The PencilBlue tutorials are highly useful.
Official Website: http://pencilblue.org/
• In 2007, Apostrophe was started as a Symfony CMS, and it uses
• Like KeystoneJS it supports content driven solutions.
• The features are modular and templates are simple.
• The activity level of Apostrophe is not so alarming.
Official Website: http://apostrophenow.org/
• Cody is an user-friendly Node.js CMS built using MySQL.
• It provides drag-and-drop solutions and Multi-language support
• It belongs to the list of one of the active projects on Github.
Official Website: http://cody-cms.org/
• TiddlyWiki is a project of its own kind.
• This project is meant to suit a special purpose and is highly
recommended for that.
Official Website: http://tiddlywiki.com/
• TaracotJS is designed for the purpose of blogging and e-commerce.
• But the project remained untouched for some months, but now it is
• TaracotJS works with mongoDB, and redis.
Official Website: http://taracot.org/
• We,js is the latest development, and can be utilized for developing
websites and blogs.
• Developers get the freedom of adding their own themes and plugins with
• It supports images, groups, and user management.
• The project is under slow development, and users can expect the
availability of more useful themes and plugins.
Official Website: http://wejs.org/
• Assembly community is the developers of Buckets.io.
• The community and development tasks are still ongoing.
• The npm package is available, and the project can be made
functional in any of the express projects.
• Development seems to be active, and users will hopefully receive
Official Website: http://hatch.js/
• Some of Node.js CMS projects like Nodize and Hatch.js are dead
and is not active for more than a year.
• The list includes only the most valuable node.js CMS and the top
five in the list are mostly used by node.js developers.
• However, Ghost remains as a mature Node.js CMS among the lot in
terms of simplicity and functionality.
Agriya is a leading website and app development company in india. We have completed
over 15,000+ projects and have 10,000+ clients around the world. We give end to end
solution for building a website, from the designing to coding we take care of it. Our
services extend from online business to mobile application business as well. We have
developed fantastic products like,
Udemy Clone Lynda Clone Skillshare clone
Udacity Clone Teamtreehouse
Who is Agriya?