International Development Jobs and Consulting Opportunities
Subscribe to job updates
enter email address go
JOBSEEKERS: Subscribe to Fast-Track Job Search(over
900 positions filled in 2010)
:: Post your jobs
:: Fast-track job
Did you know?
The combined DevNetJobs
Global Network reaches out
to over 0.6 million
Over 12,800 international
development recruiters post
their jobs on
Masterplan Manager – Dili Sanitation and Drainage Masterplan
Yarra Valley Water and Melbourne Water
Location: Dili, East Timor
Last Date: July 13, 2011
1 Position Description
2 Masterplan Manager – Dili Sanitation and Drainage Masterplan
This position description needs to be read in conjunction with the Request for Tender (RFT) and Project Bri
An agreement between the Government of Victoria and the Government of Timor Leste (GRDTL) h
recently been approved for Stage 1 of a Dili Sanitation and Drainage Masterplan - to be completed by m
2012 at an approximate total cost of $2M, including in kind contributions from Melbourne Water, Ya
Valley Water and WSP.
The project will deliver medium and long term masterplans for the improvement of both the sanitation a
drainage systems in Dili. A number of pilot programs will also be delivered during Stage 1 to test sanitati
A Joint Venture is proposed between and Melbourne Water and Yarra Valley Water to deliver the Masterpl
Work has already commenced under the guidance of a Steering Committee comprising representatives
GRDTL, Melbourne Water and Yarra Valley Water. As outlined in the Project Brief, some personnel ha
already been appointed to work on Stage 1 of the Project.
Tenders are being called from suitably experienced consultancy firms to develop the Dili Sanitation a
Drainage Masterplan by mid 2012.
Melbourne Water and Yarra Valley Water are seeking a suitably experienced Manager, based in Dili un
approximately June 2012, to lead all elements of the project including management of contracts, liaising w
GRDTL stakeholders and ensuring all resources in Melbourne and Dili are deployed efficiently to meet agre
4 Principle Duties
1. Overall direction and management of a team of people working in Dili and in Melbourne to produ
medium and long term sanitation and drainage masterplans.
2. Oversee the management of design and construction of a number of sanitation pilot projects aimed
assessing community expectations and acceptance. These will be managed by the Pilot Project Manag
who reports to the Masterplan Manager – see attached Project Structure.
3. Direction/coordination of Melbourne based staff of MW, YVW and consultants and Dili personnel in t
development of a Sanitation and Drainage Masterplan (including some concept designs and costings)
outlined in the Project Brief.
4. High level stakeholder management of government representatives.
5. Resource management of personnel and budgets
6. Reporting to the Steering Committee, Melbourne Water and Yarra Valley Water on progress.
7. Management of all procurement associated with Stage 1 of the DSDMP in accordance with GRDTL l
5 Selection criteria – Qualifications and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
1. Relevant engineering or related qualifications
2. Experience in development of long term strategy
3. A working knowledge of urban sanitation in developing countries and/or drainage systems
4. Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
5. Demonstrated high level stakeholder management skills.
6. Considerable experience working in developing communities
7. Preferably some proficiency in Tetum and/or Bahasa Indonesia and/or Portugese
8. A commitment to live in Dili for the term of the appointment
6 Employment Conditions
The successful applicant will be engaged under contract by Melbourne Water and Yarra Valley Water fo
period of approximately 10 months from September 2011 to June 2012.
This contract has an upper limit of AUD$200K although we would welcome submissions with a total cost le
than this amount.
To request a copy of the RFT and Project Brief, please send your CV and a covering letter (expression
interest) to email@example.com Thursday 30 June, 2011. A response will be issued within 48 ho
of receiving your CV and expression of interest letter. Applicants who meet the above criteria will be sen
copy of the RFT and Project Brief via email to enable preparation and submission of a formal proposal
accordance with the RFT.