21 Super Simple Ways To
Decrease Your Fat Intake
‣ Limit meat to 3 or 4 oz (85-115 g)
per serving. Buy lean cuts and
trim all visible fat before cooking.
Go for the extra-lean ground beef,
or choose a lean cut and ask the
butcher to grind it for you.
‣ Take off the skin from poultry
before eating it. In some cases,
this can be done before you cook
‣ Refrain from buying pre-based turkey.
They’re often injected with coconut
oil, butter, and other unhealthy fats.
‣ Bake, grill, broil or roast meat,
ﬁsh, and poultry. Utilize a
roasting rack to drain off the fat
as the meat cooks.
‣ Cook stews and soups in advance.
Chill and skim off the set fat, and
‣ Stay away from fried foods. When
sautéing use a nonstick pan and
vegetable oil spray. Cook in broth,
wine, tomato or fruit juice instead of
‣ Purchase low-fat (1%) or skim
milk, low-fat cheese, cottage
cheese, and yogurt.
‣ Mix salads with fat-free dressings or
create your own with lemon juice or
vinegar, mustard, herbs, and spices.
If oil is in the recipe, use olive oil.
‣ Get a low fat or even a fat-free
substitute for mayonnaise.
‣ Boil rice in a fat-free broth, ﬂavor it
with fresh herbs and scallions
instead of butter.
‣ Mash potatoes with low-fat yogurt
or buttermilk. Add chives and
parsley for some extra kick.
‣ Opt for broth-based soups instead of
‣ Instead of spreading sandwiches with
mayonnaise or butter/margarine use spicy
mustard, horseradish, or cranberry sauce
‣ Don’t use non-dairy creamers and
toppings, these products are usually
high in saturated fats because they’re
made with palm oil or coconut oil.
‣ Select English mufﬁns, bagels, or pita
instead of croissants, mufﬁns,
doughnuts, or danishes.
‣ When you crave something sweet go
for sherbet, gelato, or frozen yogurt
instead of premium ice cream. You can
also choose other low-fat dessert
alternatives, like fresh fruits, gelatins,
meringues, and angel food cake.
‣ Don’t eye ball oil…Measure it! The cup
of oil you drizzle over salad or put in
your frying pan contains 46 g of fat and
about 400 calories. If you measure it,
you’ll use less.
‣ Replace mayonnaise and sour cream
with buttermilk. Buttermilk may sound
high in fat but it’s as low as 1 % milk.
Use it when you bake or as a base for
‣ Evaporated 2%milk can taste as creamy
as regular cream. It can also be used for
‣ Reduce the fat when baking quick
breads and mufﬁns by replacing it with
applesauce, bananas, or other pureed
‣ Order your cappuccino or latte
"skinny" made with low fat or skim
For More Great Fitness, Nutrition
and Weight Loss Tips Please Visit