Texto del speech de la parte de AURA en el MWC 2019 hecho por Chema Alonso. Más información en el artículo de El lado del mal: https://www.elladodelmal.com/2019/03/el-guion-de-una-charla-mas-en-el-mobile.html
1) This is the third year talking about our digital transformation
based on the vision of the fourth platform. As we’ve been
sharing with you years ago, the 4th
platform is the core for
Telefonica to be a data-driven company.And followingit, wasn´t
an easy path.
2) At the beginning,fourth platform was just an analogic draw our
president did to all of us. I must say, first time I saw it, I really
thought he was joking.Doing that meant huge amount of work.
3) I added AURA to the picture and looked for the best partner to
make it real.We were goingto do a true AIinside Telefonica,and
we could foresee a lot of work ahead,so better to havethe right
platform is working and growing in every country,but
It was just 100 kB when it was just a picture. I really loved both
pictures,first one,because is ourpresident showingus the path.
Second one is about me trying to convince Mr. Nadella at
Microsoft offices to invest and help us to do AURA.And all that I
had at that time was just this wonderful picture I drew for him.
5) But time has passed and today 4th
Platform is normalizing and
storing Personal Data Spaces for 178 million customers in the
seven countries in which we deployed it so far. It normalizes
actions for 34 API families and supports more than 30 solutions.
Just to understand what a solution is for us, Aura is only one of
them, and the rest are internal use cases for efficiencies and
6) 4ht Platform supports more than 120 million operations per
month,what means It has become the new platform to integrate
or develop new digital services in Telefonica.
1) This is how the 4th
Platform looked like more or less in term of
structure last year. Actually,we finished last yearevent with this
slide. In it, you can see different pieces.
2) Data is generated in the first, second and third platform.It goes
to the Personal Data Spaces in the 4th
Platform where it is stored
and processed to generate insights. Customers can do actions in
Telefonica using AURA interacting with cognitive services
through different channels, like apps, Movistar Home, Smart
devices or social networks.
3) And, we were integrating our 4th
Platform with different
partners and other companies to expand data control for our
customers and experiences they can enjoy.
4) This was the finishing slide last year, but It wasn´t a full stop. It
was just the beginning of a new year working in the growth of
our strategy, and we were just thinkingabout next steps at that
5) In the end, having the 4th
platform allowed us to integrate all
pieces and use AURA in all of them. It was an opportunity for
making AURA bigger and more open.
1) Today, our customer can interact with Telefónica using mobile
apps, webs, TV, Movistar Home and of course, our cognitive
intelligence. This new way of interacting with Telefonica, just
talkingto AURA is available in 6countries,(well,seven next week
that it will be live in Ecuador).
2) Aura is accessible through more than 20different channels,with
around 1000 use cases in total. And this is the way to interact
with Telefonica for 2 Million customers per month.And the best
is that this number is growing every month.
3) One of the countries in which AURA is aliveand more developed
is VIVO, our operationin Brazil,and Christian Guevara,ourCEO
is going to explain how big it is there.
1) Thanks Christian.
2) As you can see, Aura is a key element for us, and this year it will
be live in 9 countries, in more channels, with more use cases –
including third party ones – and we estimate to achieve 120
million conversations using Cognitive AI.
3) Every day, talking to technology in natural language is the way
selected for more customers to interact.
1) And we are making Aura alive in the core of our services. Home
of our customers.
2) Telefónica is the first technology provider in many of the
countries in which we operate.
3) We’ve been digitalizingourcustomers home not onlywith state
of art devices that we create, but also with services. Some of
them from Telefonica,some of them from third parties that we
4) Todaywe haveWi-Fi routers,communications,apps,TVservices
and IoT, but also billing, authentication or insights in our
5) We see every home as a computer with infinite possibilities of
creating new experiences.
1) That experiences could be run at home using all devices and all
2) It is every partner we are integrating in our 4th
Platform the one
who chooses the way.
3) We have integration with Netflix based on our Set Top Box and
remote. We have Twitter integrated in Movistar Home and
Facebook Safety Check into Aura, but we could go further, and
the question was “why not?”.
4) Using this vision of Home as a Computer, we create a new way
of developing experiences at home, in which AURA let our
partners to enrich ourcustomers livewith the right use cases to
be enjoyed at home.
5) We call them, Living Apps, and let me explain how they work
with some examples.
1) One ofthe services we provide in Telefonica is MovistarCar.Our
customers can control their car from an app.
2) It uses the power of IoT and Cloud technologies to control
3) But having this service integrated as a Living app, users can
receive alerts through AURA, SMS, Movistar Home or the app
and open a Living app to control it from TV, using just the voice.
Or the remote.
1) We can have more or less the same experience with SmartWifi,
our Wi-Fi securityand managementservice.Now,ourcustomers
will be able to see all devices connected in a map they can
project on TV. Using voice, they can control the security of their
Wi-Fi network easily.
2) Get details about devices or stopping providing connectivity to
them.Great feature, ifyou want yourkids comingto havedinner
1) And we did the same with other service like MovistarCloud.This
Living App is allowing our customers to see their pictures and
videos on TV, just talking AURA or using Movistar Home to
2) And our Home as a Computer platform is open to integrate
experiences from other companies.
3) We don´t want them to migrate theirmobileapps orwebsites to
TV. We want them to provide our customers the best
experiences though Living Apps at Home.
1) For instance, this living app from Atletico de Madrid,one of the
best football teams that has one of the most digitalized and
advanced stadiums in the world,allows theirsupporters to have
direct information aboutthe next match just openingthe Living
2) Information like TV channel in which the next match is going to
be aired, but also weather forecasting, estimated time to get to
the stadium (by car or by public transportation) from home.
3) But also allows supporters to do some actions in Atletico de
Madrid. Actions like yielding the football pass or buying a VIP
upgrade.If customer decide to yield their football pass to other
supporter,livingapp leverages of another Telefonica service for
strong authentication. In this case Mobile Connect,to verify the
real identity through a challenge.
1) In the case of El Corte Ingles, the biggest retailer in Spain,
customer can enjoy TV and receive information related to
special items using Second Screen services in Movistar Home.
2) Like a special T-Shirt or a special product from a TV program. In
this case a ball from an Atletico match. These items can be
stored in a Wishlist and customers can use a Living App to
manage their Wishlist and buy the objects.
3) In this case, just using voice and TV to control it and a QR Code
to connect with El Corte Ingles mobile App.
1) Last example is AIR Europe, one of the most relevant airlines in
Europe.This LivingApp brings theircustomer the full experience
to check in a flight when it is available just answeringquestions.
2) As you can see, Air Europa uses voice to let control the seat
selection (which is based on Machine Learning techniques), to
add special items to be carried or anyother preference available
in the flight.
3) Once it is done, customers will receive boarding pass in their
app, e-mail or through an SMS code.
4) A Full Online Check-in for your next flight just from your living
room and in a few seconds. I really love this Living App.
1) As you could see in the demos, having the 4ht Platform open to
develop new services and integrate third party ones, plus our
home as computer ecosystem to run living app, allows us to
enrich our customers live with new experiences.
2) It is not only about digitalizing our customer homes with best
3) It is not only about creating the best services to be enjoyed at
4) It is not onlyabout integratingthe best third party products and
5) It is about to do everythingthinkingabout people living seamless
experiences at home.
1) To finish this part, I would like to let you a new picture. A new
last slide with our 4th
Platform for 2019.
2) An open platform to make available technology for our
customers in the easiest way with the only vision of enriching
3) See you next year, that now I have a lot of work to be done.