Why PR is More Important — and More Affordable — Than EverPresentation Transcript
Why PR is More Important — and
More Aﬀordable — Than Ever
Changing Your Future With
Social Media Tools & Online Networks
Duquesne University Entrepreneurs Growth Conference
June 10, 2010
The WordWrite Manifesto
• We believe in the power of two‐
• We believe stories cut through
the noise and cluHer of 21st
• Social media is a powerful way
to share your story with
everyone who needs to see,
hear and experience it!
Why storytelling is essenIal in SM
• Without context and meaning, it’s all
data, informa3on and (useless)
• Our minds need help naviga3ng the
ﬂood of informa3on we receive
• Great storylines need no explana3on,
they organize informa3on to make
meaning for us
• Great stories make great marke3ng!
Why PR is essenIal in Social Media
• “PR is not about your boss seeing your
company on TV. It’s about your buyers
seeing your company on the web.”
— David Meerman Sco/
• PR is the DTC adver3sing of the digital age
• No need to crack the Google algorithm ‐‐ PR
is baked right in, “natural” search loves the
“natural” addi3on of PR content
SM for PR: Where do you start?
– Which social media community do we belong in? (handout)
– How can we share our business story in this space?
– Watch, learn, observe, and record
– What did you learn?
– What are your customers/audience saying about YOU?
– Start in one channel
– Determine the social media person or team
Examples from our clients
and WordWrite . . .
Client example: Facebook
Client example: TwiRer
Fun video example: YouTube
WordWrite example: #journchat
Social media reinforces PR principles
• Sharing your great, untold story
• Engaging your audience (customers,
employees, neighbors, etc.)
• Delivering results
Social media oﬀer a great selec0on of tools
that expedite PR and business success
@paulfuriga / @wordwritepr
10475 Perry Highway Suite 104
Wexford PA 15090