The domain is mapped to your library’s website. You system’s person /librarian set the policies for the guides.
Allows for assigning friendly URL’s –get statistics
Allows for branding and is user friendly with very little training time. Giving you an attractive and functional web presence.
2. WHAT WILL BE COVERED What is a LIBGUIDE? Creating a Guide Dashboard Friendly URL’s Statistics Share/Reuse Customizing Branding Clip Art/Video/Media Community Contact Information & Resources
3. THERE ARE NOW MORE THAN 12,000 USERS AT OVER 750 LIBRARIES WORLDWIDE USING LIBGUIDES. They have created 40,000+ guides.
4. WHAT IS A LIBGUIDE??LibGuides is a web 2.0 content management and publishing system created bySpringShare.It’s a hosted system which is run on the SpringShare servers. The companyprovides support and upgrades. A library just needs to subscribe to the service.Libraries use it to: integrate multimedia content into library services promote library resources to their users create subject guides, course guides, information portals, research help pages, etc.
12. EXTREMELY CUSTOMIZABLE CUSTOMIZE TABS FOR EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR DEPARTMENTS GUIDELINES• Staff• Patrons• FAQ’s
13. BRANDING Branding… to make it more like your library home page
14. IMAGES – CLIP ART – VIDEOS - LINKS
15. COMMUNITY SITE
16. YOU CAN CREATE A GUIDE FOR ANYTHING• Departments – Access Services…• Special events – book signings…• Programs – celebrate cultures…• Clubs – readers…• Groups – educators…• Special Interests – job seekers…• Host your entire library site and more…
17. AUTHOR PROFILE Guide s
18. THANK YOU!!!Contact Information:Ginna NicolasRegional Sales Consultantginna@springshare.com917-617-2741 -cell646-454-9644 -officeResources:Brandon, Jenny, Kelly Sattler, and Christine Tobias. "Libguides Interface Customization. (Cover Story)." Online 35.1 (2011): 14-18. Academic Search Premier. Web. 9 Apr. 2012. http://www.infotoday.com/online/• Customizations that made the Best Of http://bestof.libguides.com/content.php?pid=155134&sid=1495945• Great customization abroad http://guides-formadoct.ueb.eu/ and at home http://researchguides.library.syr.edu/ TRACY SUTHERLAND – PUBLIC SERVICES LIBRARIAN E A S T E R N C O N N E C T I C U T S TAT E U N I V E R S I T Y 860-465-5719 S U T H E R L A N D T @ E A S T E R N C T. E D U