1. INFINITE BOUNCE• No negatives• +10 for correct answer• Regular infinite bounce rules apply• Quiz master decision is final and still could not be challenged :P
2. 1Patients suffering from a rupture of thebiceps tendon may develop a bulge intheir arm. This is the retracted musclebunched up in the arm, and issometimes referred to as a“______Muscle, in medical circlesbecause the muscle is morepronounced than normal. Fill in theblank.
3. 2 This plant has the ability of orienting itself such that its leaves can escape the heat of the sun. It was especially useful to travellers who were lost and was thus known as the _______ plant. Fill in the blank.
4. 3On being lumped with every other femaleartist, she said: "Were a gender, not a genre".Name the singer who in February 2011 becamethe first living artist since the Beatles (in 1964)to have two titles simultaneously in the topfive of both the U.K. singles and album charts.
5. 4 Where on the Internet would you find this quote? – “Wikipedia (Latin for crack house), the free encyclopaedia that anyone can edit, is a satirical parody of ____________, though Wikipedia claims the reverse (and correctly claims that ____________ claims the reverse, and so on and so forth).”
6. 5 For which operating system was the first MS OFFICE released..?? (be precise)
7. 6If you were to earn the GoldenBails, Silver Bails or the BronzeBails award, what professionwould you have to be in?
8. 7 What word connects a common concept across multiple religions, Jawaharlal Nehru and the site of the world’s first nuclear Explosion, matrix and Christianity?
10. 9___ ___ is a term coined by Desmond Tutu to describepost -1994 South Africa when apartheid rule officiallyended after South Africas first fully –democraticelection. The phrase was elaborated upon by PresidentNelson Mandela in his first month of office, when heproclaimed:“Each of us is as intimately attached t o the soil of thisbeautiful country as are the famous trees of Pretoria and the trees of the bushveld — a ___ ____at peace with itself and the world.” Give the term.
11. 10X made over 30 films. The 1973 TV special “Aloha from Hawaii “was seen by up to 1.5billion people, more than who watchedNeil Armstrong first step on the moon. X isthe only performer to be inducted into 3separate halls of fames rock and roll,Country Music and Gospel music. X has alsoreceived 14 Grammy nominations.Identify X
12. 11Peruvian fishermen noticed thisphenomenon coincided with the Christmas,so they name it after "the baby boy" Jesus.On other hand, scientists noted the eventwhen warm water is in opposite side ofocean and named it after "the baby girl."Effects of the phenomenon are felt far andwide - from Indian subcontinent, to Easternside of Africa, and then in pacific ocean andNile river.
13. 12"Somehow or other, I will be famous. And if Im not famous, I will be notorious."declared young X.X proved to be both.From the moment he burst upon fashionable society he was celebrity known for hisdazzling wit, flamboyant behaviour, coin-er of epigrams, and was in his time, one of mostquoted man in London. When he converted his genius in short stories, poems and solenovel, he was touted as best Victorian writer.X, also known as "Apostle of aestheticism", he was known for his shocking dress sense,his fall come on charges of being homosexual.In one of such cases, when the opposing counsel asked whether X had kissed a certainboy, he replied - "O, dear no, he was peculiarly ugly boy." Of course, the oppositiondeduced what if it had been a beautiful boy.Some of the works are:The Importance of Being EarnestDe Profundis - long and bitter letter to Lord Alfred while in prisonThe Ballad of Reading Gaol - written in exile, last and finest poem.Identify X.Bonus points for only novel he had written.
14. 13Products before they are made haveprototypes.So, this idea is extended to theconcept of lectotype.What this funda means isthat X is assigned to be lectotype for humanbeings, then only those living beings whoseDNA structure (almost) matches with X will besaid to be Homo Sapiens, or modern Human.IDX :P
15. 14This country X - was made up of two parts- Eastern and Western.In late twentieth century, the East Wings leading political party won theelection - however its leader (M) was denied the top post by Westernmilitary and political establishment. The subsequent revolt in East factionwas met by heavy hand by Western Military General. On March 21 - armycracked down - massive loss of civilian life. On same day, W was takeninto prison.On 26 March, one of East Wing Political Party leaders announcedIndependence from Western Wing. Thousands of civilians died andmillions become refugee in country, A.Later A joined the battle with East faction and together, Western factionwas defeated in Dec 16.And hence X was split into two countries - Y (comprising of Western part)and Z (eastern part)W returned to Z and become its Prime Minister, and then Presidentbefore being assassinated four years later.Identify - X.
16. 1511 of 14 years in exile werespent by Ram and Sita inwhich forest…?
17. 16 Google Custom Logos are known as doodles. What are Yoodles?
18. 17Connect a ship in Tintin comics,a Roman goddess, the Disneyversion of Sleeping Beauty, anastronomical phenomenon andthe collective noun for Polarbears.
19. 18Known as Gryzor in Europe and Australia, thisrun and gun action game developed byKonami features two controllable armedmilitary commandos named Bill "Mad Dog"Rizer and Lance "Scorpion" Bean who are senton a mission to neutralize a terrorist groupcalled the Red Falcon Organization. Name thisfamous video game which almost each one ofyou has played at some point of time.