1. Importance to be bilingual
in the job market.
Introduction to Public Speaking
2. Specific Purpose:
• After listening to my speech, my audience
will be able to understand the importance
to be bilingual in the current job market.
3. • Van Goethe once noted in his quote:
“Those who know nothing of foreign languages
knows nothing of their own.”
• Important to be familiar with more than
our own language.
4. • Sources:
• CareerBuilder, Bilingual crossing and CNN.
• Audience analysis results:
• 27 % speak more than one language.
• 78% found a least one time the necessity
to be bilingual at work or school.
• 18% are planning to take a foreign
language class in the future.
• 82% acknowledge the fact that some
positions will pay more if the employee is
5. I. High demand of employees who are
bilingual particularly in English and
A. Spanish most popular non-English
language in USA.
1.Close to 34 million speakers nationwide.
2.Bilingual skills come handy in different
6. Companies want to grab bigger market.
B. Latinos are one of the largest minority group
and they bring big potential profits to different
C. Hispanic buying power reached $1 trillion in
7. II. Fluency in a second language could
open doors to more opportunities in the
A. Ability to communicate in another language is
B. Maximize our potential to do business.
C. Global economy bilingual increase income.
8. • There are many benefits of being
bilingual in the job market.
• Improve potential as professionals.
• Give us flexibility and diversity.