1 whole chicken,(approx.1kg), quartered 6 stalks lemongrass, white part pounded 1/2 tsp chopped ginger 1/3 cup annatto oil 1 cup soda(sprite) 2 tbsps tamarind paste or juice 1/3 cup tamarind leaves, washed 3 tbsps chopped garlic 3 tbsps lea and perrins Worcestershire sauce 1 1/2 tbsps fish sauce 1 tsp pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and marinate for at least 25 mins.2. Transfer in a pan and bring to a boil to cook chicken for about 15 mins.3. Remove chicken and simmer stock for another 15 mins.4. Strain and reserve stock for grilling.5. Cook chicken over hot charcoal and brush frequently with the reserved stock. Cook just until chicken has burn marks.
1/2 k. pork liempo (pork belly), whole cut 1 cup Sprite or 7-up 1/2 head garlic 1 tsp. peppercorns 2 tbsp salt 1 bay leaves 1 tsp. soy sauce cooking oil for frying
1. Wash pork belly and place in a pot.2. Add Sprite or 7-up and enough water to cover the pork belly.3. Add salt, peppercorns, garlic, bay leaves and soy sauce.4. Cover and bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until tender.5. Remove all scum that rises. Remove pork belly from the pot and place in a colander and let sit for a while so the liquid will drain.6. Dry with paper towels if necessary. Keep refrigerated for several hours.
1 kg medium sized Squid 2 egg whites 1 cup plain (all-purpose) flour 1 cup oil 5 pcs calamansi (lime) or 1 pc lemon Salt Pepper
1. Clean the Squid, remove the head, ink sacs and tentacles discarded, outer purple skin peeled off and do not cut squid open.2. Slice squid into Â½ inch rings. Marinate in calamansi juice for about 15 minutes.3. Dip squid rings in egg whites, and then dredge in flour.4. Heat oil in a wok and fry squid rings in hot oil a few pieces at a time until they turn golden yellow, about 1 minute. Do not overcook as this will make the squid tough. Remove squid rings from the wok and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with Garlic Mayonnaise Dip as an appetizer.
1 kg. spaghetti noodles 1/2 kg. ground beef 1/2 kg. ground pork 1/4 kg. hotdogs, diagonally sliced 1 kg. tomato sauce (or 3/4 kg. tomato sauce and 1/4 kg. banana catsup) 3 pieces laurel leaves (bay leaves) 1/4 cup brown or white sugar (reduce to 1/8 cup if using banana catsup) 2 green bell peppers, diced 2 onions, chopped 1 head garlic, minced 3 tablespoons of cooking oil 1 cup of water Salt and pepper to taste 1/2 cup grated cheese
1. Cook spaghetti noodles according to package instructions.2. In a sauce pan or wok, sauté garlic and onions in cooking oil.3. Add ground beef, ground pork, laurel leaves, bell pepper and a cup of water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.4. Add tomato sauce or combination of banana catsup and tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste then let simmer for another 10 minutes5. Add brown sugar and hotdogs. Continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.6. Optional: add hot sauce e.g. Tabasco for more spice if desired.7. Serve with the cooked spaghetti noodles and grated cheese on top.
1 pack (1 lb) rice noodles (bihon) Sauce: 2 tbsp cooking oil 1/2 lb ground pork 1 tbsp anatto powder 3 cups pork broth 1 piece shrimp cube 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour 2 tbsp fish sauce 1/2 tsp ground black pepperToppings: 1 cup boiled pork, thinly sliced and cut into small pieces 2 pieces fried firm tofu (tokwa), cubed ½ cup tinapa flakes (smoked fish) ½ cup chicharon (pounded) 2 hard boiled eggs,sliced ½ cup cooked shrimps (boiled or steamed) 1/4 cup green onion or scallions, finely chopped 3 tbsp fried garlic 2 pieces lemon, sliced (or 6 to 8 pieces calamansi)
1. Soak the rice noodles in water for about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.2. Cook the sauce by heating a saucepan. Pour-in the cooking oil.3. When the oil is hot enough, put-in the ground pork and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes4. Dilute the annato powder in pork broth then pour the mixture in the saucepan. Bring to a boil (If you are using anatto seeds, soak them first in 3 tbsp water to bring-out the color)5. Add the shrimp cube and stir and simmer for 3 minutes6. Add the flour gradually while stirring.
7. Add the fish sauce and ground black pepper then simmer until sauce becomes thick. Set aside.8. Meanwhile, boil enough water in a pot.9. Place the soaked noodles in a strainer (use metal or bamboo strainer) then submerge the strainer in the boiling water for about a minute or until the noodles are cooked. (make sure that the noodles are still firm)10. Remove the strainer from the pot and drain the liquid from the noodles.11. Place the noodles in the serving plate.12. Pour the sauce on top of the noodles then arrange the toppings over the sauce.13. Serve with a slice of lemon or calamansi. Share and enjoy
1/2 cup minced onion 1/8 teaspoon white sugar 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1 pound small curd cottage cheese 3 eggs 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 2 teaspoons salt 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.2. Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.3. Place pork and beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Stir in tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, parsley, garlic, oregano, onion, sugar, basil and salt. Simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.4. In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.5. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, place 2 layers of noodles on the bottom of dish . layer 1/2 of the cheese mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of the sauce; repeat layers.6. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes; let stand for 10 minutes before cutting; serve.
4 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) unsalted butter, diced 2 tablespoons espresso or very strong coffee (I used decaf espresso from a local Starbucks) 1 cup cold heavy cream 3 large eggs, separated 1 tablespoon sugar
1. Whip the cream to soft peaks, then refrigerate.2. Combine the chocolate, butter, and espresso in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not simmering, water, stirring frequently until smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool until the chocolate is just slightly warmer than body temperature. To test, dab some chocolate on your bottom lip. It should feel warm. If it is too cool, the mixture will seize when the other ingredients are added.
3. Once the melted chocolate has cooled slightly, whip the egg whites in a medium bowl until they are foamy and beginning to hold a shape. Sprinkle in the sugar and beat until soft peaks form.4. When the chocolate has reached the proper temperature, stir in the yolks. Gently stir in about one- third of the whipped cream. Fold in half the whites just until incorporated, then fold in the remaining whites, and finally the remaining whipped cream.5. Spoon or pipe the mousse into a serving bowl or individual dishes. If you wish, layer in fresh raspberries and whipped cream. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours. (The mousse can be refrigerated for up to a day.)
1 can (390g) evaporated milk 1 can (390g) condensed milk 10 egg yolks 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or lemon essence 1 cup sugar 3/4 cup water
1. In a saucepan, mix the sugar & water. Bring to a boil for a few minutes until the sugar caramelize. Pour the caramelized sugar into aluminum moulds - you can use any shape: oval, round or square. Spread the caramel on the bottom of the moulds. Mix well the evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks and vanilla by hand or blender.2. Gently pour the mixture on top of the caramel on the aluminum moulds. Fill the moulds to about 1 to 1 1/4 inch thick. Cover moulds individually with aluminum foil.3. Steam for about 20 minutes (the traditional way to make Leche Flan is by open-air steaming on either an open cooking fire or stove top) OR4. Bake for about 45 minutes. Before baking the Leche Flan, place the moulds on a larger baking pan half filled with very hot water. Pre-heat oven to about 370 degrees before baking. Let cool then refrigerate
1. Half-fill a tall glass with your choice of sweets.2. Fill with shaved/crushed ice. Top with ice cream, ube haleya or leche flan3. Serve with milk and sugar.
4 Madura Premium Blend Tea Bags 2 cups water 4 teaspoons of honey, sugar or sweetener to taste 3 teaspoons of lemon juice 2 cups filtered water Ice Cubes Lemon slice
1. Make up 1 cup of Maduras Premium Blend using 4 teabags.2. Infuse for 3-4 minutes. Remove tea bags. Allow to cool.3. Pour tea into a large jug and add 4 teaspoons of sugar, honey or sweetener to taste. Add 3 teaspoons lemon juice and stir to dissolve. Pour over 2 cups cool filtered water. Chill in the refrigerator. Serve in a tall glass with ice cubes and garnished with a lemon slice
1. Cut into Slices the fruits then put it in the blender same with the ice cubes and condensed Milk.2. Blend until smooth. If you want a Garnish Slice a fruit(may be a orange or strawberry) cut it in slight Half Serve when cold
1. Place 2 large scoops of H-E-B Creamy Creations Vanilla Ice Cream in 6 tall 16-oz.2. glasses or mugs (place in freezer for 30 minutes before using).3. Slowly pour H-E-B Old Fashioned Root Beer over ice cream. Top each root beer float with whipped cream and a cherry.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.