2. Time Management“Using the time available to the best utility in attaining one’s goals”.
3. Time ManagementTime is life, do not waste itIdentify major thieves of time and eject themMake a realistic list of things to do and act on itEliminate unnecessary activitiesMemory aids such as diaries and tape recorders are usefulAnalyse how time is spentNever take on more than is necessary, learn to say noAnalyse yourself and operate within your strengthsGet on by being organizedEmploy a programme of physical and mental fitnessManage backlogEmploy a schedule or planner to chart the way aheadNever cease to become more efficient and effectiveTreat each day as your last, maximize it.
4. TIME MANAGEMENT IS LIFE MANAGEMENTTo realize the value of one year:Ask the student who has failed his final exam.To realize the value of one month:Ask the mother who has given birth to a premature baby.To realize the value of one week:Ask the editor of a weekly newspaper.To realize the value of one day:Ask the daily wage earner who has 10 kids to feed.
5. Tasks for Managing Time• Set Goals• Prioritize work• Manage/Utilize time Well• Work Smartly• Achieve with more focus
7. Prioritize Work• Monitor how time is Spent• More jobs Less Productivity?• Less Jobs More productivity?• -- Action Plans• -- To-Do Lists• -- Effective Scheduling• -- Activity Logs
8. Manage Time Well• Do not get stressed by a large number of unimportant jobs.• Remember to carry out all necessary tasks• Tackle the most important jobs first
9. Work Smartly…• Make a SWOT analysis.• Find out; Strengths and Weaknesses• Purpose of the work• Priorities and deadlines• Costs• Resources available• Measures of success• How it matters to others
10. Achieve with More Focus• Obtain more knowledge• Organize time well• Set sharp & clearly set goals• Work to attain goals• to work Smart not just to work hard
11. Neither Urgent Nor Important Things That We Do Regularly Gossiping Shopping for fun Internet surfing for fun Visiting friends and neighbors aimlessly Taking unnecessary interest in others personal matters Making long telephone calls aimlessly.
12. Tackle Time Wasters• First, learn to recognize when you’re wasting time.• Decide what you need to do and can realistically do.• Learn how to say “NO” when you don’t have time.• Wasting time is often linked to a lack of self- discipline
13. Problems and Solutions for Proper Time ManagementPersonal: Know priorities of doing things Be organized Spend some time as leisure timePsychological: Have self discipline Believe in team work Have a watch on the work entrusted
14. Problems and Solutions for Proper Time ManagementExternal: Maintain proper relationship with friends and colleagues Never attempt indirect interactionsSocial: Allot some time to spend with nature, with parents, to love, to listen, to dream to and to think
15. Problems and Solutions for Proper Time ManagementPostponement: Postponement is mainly due to a lack of interest or pleasantness in work and the complexity of work. Unpleasant tasks Complex projects Fear of failure Lack of interest Distraction, lack of focus
16. Tips for Successful Time Management Doing things with concentration, dedication and commitment and not in a careless manner. Trust others and distribute works to others Never think about unnecessary things and never interfere in others matters Postponement of planned events is an avoidable bad habit
17. Hurrying up is to always the best way of doing a thing faster Don’t forget or misplace things Use a calendar/ Get organized