There are many different referencing styles and you are probably familiar with at least one from when you were at University. University departments may sometimes use a particular style which is most useful for their particular subject, for example Humanities will often use MLA (Modern Language Association), Chicago is frequently used for History and APA (American Psychological Association) is used in Science and Social Science departments. Harvard is a referencing style which is widely used in UK Universities so we have chosen the Harvard Anglia Referencing style as the style to be used across the school, it is not specifically designed for a particular subject………………………………….. MLA - Modern Language Association often used for Humanities Chicago - Frequently used in HistoryAPA - The American Psychological Association commonly used in Science and Social Science.Chicago
The Harvard Anglia refere
1. Introduction to Suzanne Parfitt Assistant Librarian Senior Library 7th January 2013
2. Referencing at Tanglin TrustSchool Many different referencing styles – e.g. MLA, Chicago, APA … At Tanglin we use the Harvard Anglia Referencing Style Source of picture: http://www.singas.co.uk/HTML/pasir_panjang_jnr_school.html
3. Harvard Anglia Referencing System 1. Citation (Farrington, 2009) Referring to another author’s work in the text of your own. Source of picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lwr/5899517782/
4. Harvard Anglia Referencing System2. ReferenceFarrington, T., 2009. The averagelife of the average person: how it alladds up. London: Square PegProviding full details ofthe source in areference list at theend of a piece of workto enable someone elseto find each source. Source of picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lwr/3250170468/
5. BibliographyListingrelevant resources that have been used in the preparation of the work but not necessarily cited in the text.
6. Citing and referencing a book
7. Find the information you need…
8. Create a citation
9. Create a citationSo the citation will be
10. Using a citation
11. Create a referenceFarrington, T., 2009. The averagelife of the average person: how itall adds up. London: Square Peg. Have a go!.....
12. Farrington, T., 2009. The averageHave a go… life of the average person: how it all adds up. London: Square Peg. Author and date Title Place of publication Publisher Correct punctuation is very important!Haddon, M., 2004. The curious incident of the dog inthe night-time. London: Vintage.
13. Need help?Referencing tool in Word
14. Referencing Tool in Word Click „Insert Citation‟ Click „Add New Source…‟
15. Referencing Tool in Word
16. Referencing Tool in Word Click „Edit‟
17. Referencing Tool in Word
18. Referencing Tool in Word
19. Referencing Tool in Word Haddon , M., 2004. The curious incident of the dog in the night-time. London: Vintage.
20. TTS Libguides Choose „Use the Harvard Anglia Referencing System‟http://libguides.tts.edu.sg http://libguides.tts.edu.sg/referencing
21. Ask a Librarian in the Study Zone We‟re happy to help 
22. Finding a date for a website http://archive.org/web/web.php ??? Search “way back machine” inn ??? ??? ???