A SHORT HISTORY ABOUT MOOC
• Emerged from the open educational resources movement (OER).
• The term mooc was coined by Dave Cormier of university of Prince Edward Island
• Mooc build for word where information is everywhere
• It is just a one way of learning
• Way to connect and collaborate
• May teach thousand of student at the same time
• Encourage independed among learners.
TYPES OF MOOCS
xmoocs and cmoocs
• The xmoos like edx offers honour certificate, identity documents and x series certificate
• Initially edx aim was to improve teaching and learning
• The cmoocs focus on knowledge creation and generation
• Learners take a great role in shaping their learning experience
• The cmooc is focus on for major types of activity
• That is aggregate, remix, repurpose and feed forward
• These moocs are also divided into catergories which are enless to be counted.
MOOC INTERESTED IN DOING
• The mooc course that I am interested in doing is a mathematical mooc
which is called algebra
• I am interested in solving maths problems because they reflect the very same
problems of life.
• The duration or the session of this particular mooc is about four week
• This will enable me to fished this course before the end of the semester.
HOW MOOCS WORKS
• This is an online course aimed at unlimited participation
• It is an open access via website
• Provide interactive user fora
• Help build a community for students
• Teachers professors are also helped
• Emphasized open access features such as connectivism and open licensing
• One can use it anywhere and anytime
WHO MUST USED MOOC
• Any student who want to improve his or her learning
• Teachers can also used mooc
• Assessment is also done online
• Machine grading of assessment is used
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.