History of mooc
People did not well understand mooc.
Companies like Downes connectivism and Courser a
co-ordinated number of mooc.
Mailbox was used to contact through
History of mooc continues..
Hard and MIT launched non profit edx
Aiming to explore innovative ways to improve
Thrun launched udacity after a high number of
students enrolled for profit company.
Three types of mooc
• I, Network Based/ Connectivist/cMOOCs
• A function of the conversation and connections that
participants forge, and the Personal Learning Networks they
• Knowledge is shared, created by common goals, tasks, and
• Groups can pool and share knowledge together to create
ideas and experiences.
Ii, Task Based MOOC’s
• Participants may have instruction that will required
to complete tasks to progress.
• Group work is often encouraged or facilitated.
• The student may have choice in terms of the tasks
• Task based MOOC are assigns tasks to teach.
Iii, Content Based MOOCs / xMOOCs
• These are the big hitters, in terms of publicity,they cover
subjects like arts and science
• Course design can be basic – simply videos placed online,
community engagement, and volunteer teaching assistants.
• Outcomes may be testable. Coursera, Udacity and EdX
specialise in this types.
• Instructionist, possibly transmission teaching
Field of interest
I am a Isizulu student teacher.
Learning language help to interact with
different people of various backgrounds and
Topics I can pursue
• Analyzing cartoons
• How to write a creative essay?
• Discussing poetry
• Reading comprehension
• Bernard Nkuyubwatsi (09.01.2012) http://www.slideshare.net/GO-
• Tony Toole (24.06.2013) http://www.slideshare.net/ttoole/moocs-