2. Agenda History Ikea at present People and the environment Customer service Competitors
3. I ngvar K amprad E lmtaryd A gunnaryd
5. 1943 IKEA is founded by Ingvar Kamprad (17)
6. 1940 s-1980s 1948 IKEA starts selling furniture 1956 Designing furniture for fla t packs & self-assembly 1958 The first IKEA store opens in Sweden 1953 Furniture showroom opens 19 7 0 -80s IKEA becomes world famous
7. 19 9 0 s-2000s 1997 www. IKEA .com is launched 2000 IKEA arrives in Russia 2004 The 200th IKEA store opens 2007 IKEA and WWF become partners 2006 IKEA Food is launched
8. 127,000 co-workers 41 countries 301 stores 9500 products A nnual sales of more than 23.1 b ln EURO Ikea at present
10. People and the environment Social responsibility Emergency help Ecology
12. Social responsibility € 1 from each soft toy sold during the holiday seasons goes to IKEA Social Initiative provided soft toys to children in cyclone affected countries
13. Emergency help <ul><li>IKEA Foundation contributes to emergency relief aid: </li></ul><ul><li>after earthquake in January 2010 in Haiti; </li></ul><ul><li>after earthquake in May 2008 in Chine; </li></ul><ul><li>after flood and cyclone in India, Burma and Bangladesh. </li></ul>
14. Ecology <ul><li>Refraining from the use of chemicals and substances that can be harmful to people and the environment. </li></ul><ul><li>Products are made of recycles, renewable or reused materials </li></ul><ul><li>Recycling bins for returning waste, such spent batteries and low-energy bulbs. </li></ul><ul><li>Helping to restore damaged forest. </li></ul>
15. Business idea « To create a better everyday life for the many people »
16. Customer service
17. Catalogs You can sign up for IKEA catalog, which publishes every year for free. It is well-illustrated and contents prices, sizes of furniture and fresh design ideas. Also you can get it at every store or find it on-line.
18. Stores location IKEA stores is well-locaded. For example in Moscow there are 3 shops in different areas. Customers can reach them by free bus from the nearest metro station.
19. Gift cards The IKEA Gift Card is especially handy for holiday gift giving, back-to-college shopping, wedding, and house warming gifts. You can purchase the card at your local IKEA store.
20. Pencils T he store provides tape measures, and pencils and notepads for you to write down price tag details, like where to pick up your item.
21. Home Delivery Delivery ia available in all store locations. We can of course deliver at a later date if you would like. We deliver your new products directly to the room of your choice.
22. Assembly and installation Most IKEA products are designed to be assembled by the customer, but if you prefer, we can offer assembly service f or a small fee.
23. Flat packs IKEA furniture is flat-packed, you can take it home in simple car.
24. Home furnishing advice If you want to make a big change in your home free, qualified, home furnishing advice is available. IKEA offers this service for free.
25. Kids room In every IKEA store you can leave your child in free supervised playroom while you shop.
26. Showroom The store has lots of fully furnished showrooms. You can sit on the chairs, lie on the beds and try out everything.
27. Staff You'll find IKEA staff at information desk s . All of them are ready to help you .
28. Restaurant At the IKEA restaurant you can take a break from shopping. In the restaurant you’ll find healthy Swedish dishes.
29. IKEA food Also you can buy Sweedish food in store.
30. IKEA family Everyone could get Ikea family card at local store. It gives you some advantages : - special prices - email informing - unique offers
31. Return policy If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return the unused item in its original packaging within 90 days unless noted below.
32. Price tag information You'll find lots of details on the price tag - colors, materials, sizes, etc.