SSI 3013INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY IN SCIENCEAHMAD NUR FAIZ BIN ABU BAKAR D20101037414MUHAMMAD SHAMIM BIN ZULKEFLI D20101037460 SITI RUKAIYAH ABD FATAH D20101037479
PROBLEM BASE LEARNING (PBL)The Malaysian Smart School ( MSS )
What are the component of the smart school concept?
Components of a Smart School 1 ) Teachin g and Learning 2 ) Managemen6 ) Polici t andes Administrati on5 ) Technology 3 ) People , Skills and Responsibilities 4)Processe s
1)Teaching and learning materialsTeaching-Learning Materials Interactive courseware and printed materials for Mathematics, Science, English and Bahasa Melayu that enables students to practice self-paced, self-accessed and self-directed learning.
Teaching and learning•help students achieve overall and • allows for appropriate mix of learningbalanced development integrate strategies to ensure mastery of basicknowledge, skills, values, and correct use competencies and promotion ofof language holistic development. Curriculum Pedagogy•designed to give accurate Teaching and Learningfeedback ofstudents’ readiness, progress,achievement and aptitude •cognitively challenging and motivating by combining the best of network-based, Assessment teacher-based, and courseware materials Materials
2. Management and Administrationwhich represents the driver or the “brain” of the Smart School, is computerised.Management software helps the Smart School principals and headmasters to manage more efficiently and effectively the resources and processes required to support the teaching- learning functions.
The 9 primary functions of Smart School managementSchool governanceStudent affairsEducational resourcesExternal resourcesFinanceFacilitiesHuman resourcesSecurityTechnology
3. People, Skills and Responsibilities. •Stakeholders involved in the implementation of Smart Schools will be equipped with specific skills and requisite knowledge base to enable them to play their roles effectively.
4. Processes•The Smart School processes are viewed as asystem.•These processes have been and willcontinuously be studied reviewed carefully toensure that the system provides accurateand functional input to produce the desiredoutput.
5. Technology Technology is used as an enabler for Smart School practices in teaching-learning, management, and communications with external constituencies
6. Policies To ensure the successful implementation of the Smart School, changes in existing policies and regulations, as well as the formulation of new policies and regulations, have to be conducted.