5. Norma will use the grid to plot the ordered pairs (3,1), (5,3), (3,5), and (1,3). If she connects the four points with line segment, which figure will represent her drawing?
6. A fence encloses a rectangular yard that is 20M by 16M. Use the formula: p = 21 + 2w to determine how much fencing was used? 20m 16m
8. Which of the following lists of geometric figures contains ONLY quadrilaterals? A. Square, rectangle, triangle, parallelogram B. Square, rectangle , circle, rhombus C. Trapezoid, rectangle, rhombus, parallelogram D. Trapezoid, rhombus, parallelogram, hexagon
10. Look at the building below. Which of these is a view of the back of the building?
11. The picture below shows the sections of a multi-purpose room in which students will sit to see a play. About 60 students can sit in Section 1. Which of these is the best guess of the total number of students who can fit in the multi-purpose room to see the play? Section 1 Section 2 Section 3 Section 4 Section 5 Balcony
12. Look at the prisms below. Which of the following is true about them all?
Each Prism has 2 bases
Each Prism has 4 bases
Each prism has 6 bases
Each prism has 8 bases
17. Which of these following expressions can be used to find the area of the triangle? 5 2.9 A. 5 + 2.9 / 2 B. 2.9 x 5 / 2 C. 2(5 x 2.9) D. 2(5 + 2.9)
18. The square below is divided into two right triangles. Which of these sides is a hypotenuse? W Y X Z A. WZ B ZY C. YX D. WY
19. Eliza folded a sheet of paper in half, as shown below. What was the perimeter of the sheet of paper before it was folded?
21. The length of rectangle B is twice the length of the rectangle A, as shown below. What is the area of rectangle B? A B 2" 4"
23. A rectangle is divided into six congruent squares, as shown below. If the perimeter of the rectangle is 42 units, what is the perimeter of each square? Each side is the same distance. 42 ÷ 14 = 3 Each side is worth 3 units. 3 x 4 = 12 The perimeter of each square is 12 units.
24. Aaron has 9 1/2 yards of ribbon. He needs 18 inches of ribbon to put a bow on a present. How many yards of ribbon will be left after Aaron makes the bow? 1 yard = 36 inches 1/2 yard = 18 inches 9 1/2 - 1/2 = 9 yards left
25. Jocelyn is describing a three-dimensional figure to Adam. The figure has five faces, four of which are triangles. It has eight edges and five vertices. What figure did Jocelyn describe? 4 of the 5 faces are triangles What prism can you make by only adding one more face?
27. Which of the following statement is true of both square pyramids and rectangular prism? They both have a total of 4 faces. They both have a total of 4 vertices They both have at least one pair of parallel faces They both have at least one pair of perpendicular edges. Pyramid Square Faces Vertices Parallel Faces Perpendicular edges