Reinventing Learning Through
Prepared by Digital 2.0
What does it mean to reinvent learning
through digital play?
“Digital play is to play online games. At Digital 2.0
we use computer game technology to develop
games for primarily non-entertainment
purposes” Jude Ower, Managing Director
Who we are
Digital 2.0 are the UK‟s leading serious games company providing learning
solutions through digital play. Our objective is to enhance peoples capabilities
and awareness through using innovative gaming technology.
Digital 2.0 provides learning solutions for any number of objectives such as
training, education, awareness, communications and marketing. These can
cover a range of topics such as implementing new internal processes, general
business, soft skills, world issues, personal development and diversity and
We want to bring the power of games to your company and by using our
services we will ensure that management teams are selecting the right training
solutions for their people or you are getting an engaging and effective message
out to the masses.
What we do
Our end-to-end service aims to create the most successful game
to suit your needs and requirements.
This includes the following:
• Research and due diligence
• Game design and concept validation
• Game architecture
• Focus groups and testing
• Competitive analysis landscaping
• Cost and technology analysis
• Pre-production activities
• Project management
• Deployment and integration
Why digital play?
We believe that digital play empowers users providing them with
an engaging, immersive and interactive experience which
enhances their learning.
• 80% claim they feel „more focussed‟
• 76% of players improve productivity
• 72% believe playing games reduces job stress
• 66% of respondents play for 30 mins (approx)
• Casual gaming at work increases productivity (BBC)
• Digital play is good for you!
*(Worldwinner , a US-based internet company, surveyed 500 members, cited in
ITP Technology, 27th May 2007 )
Why digital play? – Cont.
Games provide an easy, accessible and adaptable approach to
traditional learning approaches
• Computer games captivate the audience – the industry is
worth over £4.03 billion in the UK (2008) and the global
games market was worth £54 billion (2008)*
• Gamers are motivated to reach the next level and win
• Experiences which involve degrees of emotion and engage
• Anytime anywhere learning – accessible learning
*NPD Group Sources
As we move forward with technology enhancements it‟s becoming
more apparent the need for more innovative approaches in both
communications and training.
• E-learning has an 80% non-completion rate
• Less tolerance in the workplace for passive situations (lectures,
corporate classrooms, even traditional meetings)
• Younger gaming generation moving into management positions
• Replace old ways with chat, postings, surfing and interactive
• Need to “Design for Doing”
Did you know that…
• Today's average graduate spends less than 5000 hours of
their lives reading - But, they spend around 10,000 hours
• By 2011, 80% of the world‟s internet using population will
have a virtual avatar*
• By 2011, one in five global fortune 500 companies will be
using games for training**
** The Apply Group, 2007
What to do now?
As part of our services we offer a free no obligation demo workshop.
This workshop will include the following:
• Introduction to digital play
• How games can benefit your company and industry
• A chance to play and create your own game
• Facilitated ideas and game concept generation
• Personalised next steps plan
For more information or to get in touch please email: email@example.com
Thank you for taking the time to read our presentation