The man in charge of a ship is themaster. He is responsible for theship, her cargo and the safety ofthe crew. He must be well qualifiedand an experienced navigator.Although his correct tittle is themaster, he is addressed as captain.
1. Who is the man in charge of a ship?2. What is the responsibility of the master?3. What are the requirements of the master?4. What is the correct tittle of the captain?
1. Who is often called as First Mate?2. Who is the the master’s chief officer?3. Who is the head of the deck department?4. Who will assist the Chief Officer?5. Do the several companies employ a First Officer as well as a Chief Officer?6. What does the deck department also include?7. What are the navigating cadets on some ships carried for?
1. Who is the head of the engine department?2. Who will assist him?3. Who are the engine room petty officers?4. Is a Pumpman on tankers also a petty officer?5. Who are the engine room ratings?
1. Who is the head of Catering Department?2. Catering Department is divided into two sections, they are...and ...3. Who is the head of saloon section?4. Who is the head of Galley section?5. Are they both petty officers?6. Who are their assistants?
1. The Radio Department often consists of one man only, who is he?2. On ships where continuous radio watches are kept there may be three radio officers, they are..., ...and ....