1 Introduction of Company
2 Introduction of Key people
3 Products of Tata Steel
4 Summary of Ratio
5 Conclusion of Rartios
6 Thank you.
• Established by- on August 25, 1907.
• By it operated the in the
• Name changed-from to (2005)
• It was the 1st co. to established labour welfare
Like 8 hour working day,
establishmenT of welfare
department, schooling facilities for
Mr. Cyrus Mistry
Chairman of Tata Group
Mr. B. Muthuraman
Ms. Mallika Srinivasan
Non Executive Director
Mr. H. M. Nerurkar
Mr. Nusli Neville Wadia
Cyrus Pallonji Mistry
He took over the Tata sons on 28th
Dec. 2012. He is younger son of
Construction tycoon Pallonji Mistry.
Mistry joined Tata in 2006 as director.
It is the 2nd time in the 143-years of Tata history
that Non- Tata person became the head of the
He is the largest share holder of the company, by
holding 18.4% share.
• Current Ratio- 2.18:1
• Propriatory Ratio- 1.39:1
• Debt Equity Ratio- 0.43:1
• Capial Gearing Ratio- 0.30:1
• Gross Profit Ratio- 26.58%
• Return on capital employed- 19.10%
• Liquid Ratio- 0.38:1
• Interpretation- It indicates that a firm has
relatively not the better position to meet its
current obligation in time.
Gross Profit ratio= 26.58%
Operating ratio= 29.13%
Net Profit ratio= 13.25%
Interpretation- The firms profitability is quite
bad. Because ratios are at showings at less level.
• Efficiency Ratio:
Stock Turnover ratio= 6 times
Stock holding period= 61 days
Operating Profit ratio= 29.13%
Interpretation- The STR is less, it shows that
demand of the products are high.