1. Federal Employees Are Turning toMobile Devices for WorkA Survey of Federal IT Workers on the Their Mobile Use
2. What We Found• We surveyed 200 federal IT workers (11/2011)• More than half of these are now using mobile devices for work• More significantly, these IT employees reported that more than half of their non-IT agency colleagues were also regularly using mobile devices for work• Of those using mobile devices, two-thirds were doing so every day• Most popular applications for mobile devices: – Email – Project management – Social media• Facebook is the most popular social media platform
3. Take-Aways• We believe that 2012 will be the year that mobile devices become the norm and not the exception at government agencies for work purposes• Government agencies will need to take measures to accommodate this trend, through better access and security• This trend will also have a major impact on government contractors• Companies seeking to do business with government agencies will need to develop compelling digital marketing campaigns that optimize the mobile experience if they want to reach this audience
4. Take-Aways• Today, email applications are by far the most popular of those being accessed on mobile devices• But project management and other tools are not far behind, and must be designed to perform on mobile devices• Social media is also being widely used across agencies for work purposes• Facebook is the most common social media tool being accessed on mobile devices–companies and government agencies need to recognize this trend and serve up the right content through this platform
5. Use of Mobile Device by Federal IT Workers Not at All (36%) Daily (45%) Less Than Once a Month (9%) At Least Once At Least Once a Month (4%) a Week (7%)Q: How frequently do you use a mobile device, such as a smart phone,tablet or other mobile device, to access information for your job, includingwebsites, email, data bases, and other types of systems?
6. Employees in Your Agency Who Use Mobile Devices None (3%) Hardly Any (9%) Most Employees (19%) A Small Number (33%) Many, but Not Most (38%)Q: Thinking about the employees across your agency, how would you characterize thenumber of agency employees who are using a mobile device, such as a smartphone, tablet or other mobile device, to access information for their job, includingwebsites, email, databases, and other types of systems?
7. Use of Mobile Device by Employees in Your Agency At Least Once a At Least Once a Week (22%) Month (7%) Less Than Once a Month (3%) Not at All (2%) Daily (66%)Q: Thinking of the typical employee in your agency who is using a mobile device asdescribed earlier for work purposes, how often would you say they are using it?
8. Mobile Device Applications Used by Employees Email apps 93% Project management tools 36% Social media 20% VoIP apps (e.g., Skype) 13% Others 6% 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 80% 90% 100% OverallQ: Which of the following applications are used by people in your agency ontheir mobile devices as part of their work?
9. Social Media for Work on Mobile Devices Facebook 68% Twitter 21% Google+ 16% LinkedIN 11% Youtube 3% Myspace 3% Email 3% 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% OverallQ: Which social media platforms are being used for work purposes byagency employees on their mobile devices?
10. Introduction to Bluetext
11. Introducing Bluetext• Provide integrated marketing, branding, and communications services• Team has spent years working with media and technology providers to help them achieve success with digital marketing campaigns• Deep expertise utilizing every channel to drive brand preference
13. New Logos Slide To Be Created
14. Industry Recognition
15. Let’s Discuss Your ChallengesRick SilipigniPartner and Chief Growth Officer2233 Wisconsin Avenue, NWWashington, DC 20007(202) firstname.lastname@example.org