1. FUTURE CYPRUS: I-GOVERNMENT, ECO REGIONS, SMART CITIES AND COMMUNITIES SMART GROWTH STRATEGY: PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS National, Regional, Urban and Inter-CommunalFuture Cyprus as the intelligent and innovative, healthy and wealthy, livable and efficient, moral and fair, smart and sustainable Eco Island CYPRUS, EU April, 2013
2. AGENDA EUROPE 2013-2020 Cyprus 2013-2020 Smart Cyprus Stakeholders Smart Cyprus Trinity Smart Growth Programs Project Planning Stages Future Cyprus: i-Government, Eco Regions, Smart Cities and Communities I-Government: Smart Executives, Parliament and Judiciary Funding Sources: EU Funds, Frozen Funds, Smart Investment Smart Cyprus Innovation Center and Education Program Sustainable State Redevelopment Projects Three Scenarios for EU and Cyprus Building the i-Europe Sky Platform Smart Territories of the Future Projects Intelligent Nation Projects EIS Intelligent Community Brands Contact A. Abdoullaev 2010-2013 EIS Intelligent Systems ltd
3. EUROPE 2013-2020Europe 2013 Europe 2020 Lack of a REAL UNION: Monetary Union, Economic Union, I. Smart growth: developing an economy based on knowledge Social Union, Political Unity, Cultural Union, Territorial Unity, and innovation. Structural Unity, Functional Unity, etc. II. Sustainable growth: promoting a more resource efficient, macroeconomic instabilities greener and more competitive economy. sovereign debt crises III. Inclusive growth: fostering a high-employment economy default banks and bond collapse delivering social and territorial cohesion. euro-zone collapse The headline targets: brutal recession 1) 75 % of the population aged 20-64 should be employed. financial panic contagion 2) 3% of the EUs GDP should be invested in R&D. taxpayers exposure 3) The "20/20/20" climate/energy targets should be met (including pervasive liquidity crises an increase to 30% of emissions reduction if the conditions are right). austerity measures 4) The share of early school leavers should be under 10% and at unintelligent leadership least 40% of the younger generation should have a tertiary bankrupt states degree. Currently, the EU, as a supranational union, has been 5) 20 million less people should be at risk of poverty missing to evade the worst scenario of “the lost decade”. The flagship initiatives: SOLUTIONS: there is an urgent need for the high- 1. INNOVATION: "Innovation Union" . performance, innovative and creative leadership, added with the smart government and i-government ecosystems, 2. EDUCATION: "Youth on the move. enabling progressive and coordinated management at all 3. DIGITAL SOCIETY: "A digital agenda for Europe" . 4. CLIMATE, ENERGY and MOBILITY: "Resource efficient key administrative levels . Europe" 5. COMPETITIVENESS: "An industrial policy for the globalisation era". 6. EMPLOYMENT and SKILLS: "An agenda for new skills and jobs" . 7. FIGHTING POVERTY: "European platform against poverty".
4. CYPRUS 2013-2020CYPRUS 2013 CYPRUS 2020 Social Exclusion, Mass Unemployment and Poverty The Mediterranean island is to go through a critical stage in its long history: to bankrupt or to transform towards a smart, sustainable, and Unsustainability (in Society, Economy, and Finances) inclusive society, to become a world-class destination for investors, Unsustainable Social Model businesses, citizens and visitors. The “Smart Cyprus” Strategy aims to model Cyprus 2020 as an Eco-Sustainable Land, Smart Country, Absence of Knowledge/Innovation Society and Inclusive Nation. Smart Cyprus is to be distinguished with the Lack of Digital Economy, Green Economy, and Innovation following innovative features: Economy Eco Districts, Smart Cities, and Green Communities Eco-wise National, Urban and Rural Infrastructures Lack of Social Cohesion Smart Utilities and National Green Energy Networks Poor Justice System Modern security/defense infrastructure (intelligent monitoring and Undeveloped Social and Human Capital, Low Quality of Life measurement systems, sensor/actuators networks, ground-based Poor Leadership and marine, wired and wireless, data collection systems; cybersecurity, illegal activities prevention) Poor National Health System Innovation/knowledge economy (industry and sustainable Inefficient Governance corporations, innovation clusters, innovation districts, CDB, techno parks, knowledge clusters, disruptive technology/business eco-parks Low Competitiveness, Low Productivity and Employment smart malls, university eco campuses, seaports, airports) Poor Mobility Smart government, i-services to citizens, businesses, and local Poor Natural Capital Management governments Intelligent ICT networks and multi-play telecommunications Ecological Degradation: nonrenewable energy and CO2, systems, optical and wireless unsustainable land use and buildings, transport, waste, water, Smart banking systems and financial services; sustainability in sanitation, pollution, air/water/soil/food quality, urban public finances; stability funds expansion, soil sealing and erosion World-class healthcare, e-health and telemedicine Commercial/Inferior Real Estate Developments (standard low- Knowledge Triangle Clusters (education, R&D and business) quality construction projects, absence of smart, ecological, or Sustainable living, wellbeing, quality of life, smart, green, and sustainable projects) healthy lifestyles Collapsing Financial System, ON THE BRINK OF NATIONAL BANKRUPTCY
5. SMART CYPRUS Stakeholders Presidency and Council of Ministers: the President of Cyprus (Chairman) Church of Cyprus: Archbishop and Holy Synod Government Departments: Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Education and Culture, Ministry of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environment, Ministry of Commerce, Industry, and Tourism, Ministry of Communications and Works, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Justice and Public Order, Ministry of Labour and Social Insurance, Planning Bureau, Cyprus Tourism Organization; Chamber of Commerce and Industry Municipalities: Lefkosia, Larnaka, Lemesos, Pafos, Famagusta, Kyrenia, Morphou et al. Local Communities: Lefkosia District, Larnaka District, Lemesos District, Pafos District, Famagusta District Political Parties and Civic Associations and NGOs Business Groups & Innovative SMEs Banking Institutions Public-Service State Corporations: Cyta-Vodafone, EAC Electricity Authority Telecom Corporations: PrimeTel, National TV stations, Cyprus Radio, etc. Universities: University of Cyprus (Institutes, Schools, Faculties or Departments), Open University of Cyprus, Cyprus University of Technology; EUC European University-Cyprus; Frederick University - Cyprus, University of Nicosia; Research Institutes,… Key Consultants: EIS Encyclopedic Intelligent Systems Ltd (EU, Cyprus); EIS Intellectual Systems (Russia, Moscow, Skolkovo – Innovation Center) A. Abdoullaev 2010-2013 EIS Intelligent Systems ltd
6. SMART CYPRUS TRINITY The TRINITY COMMUNITY of Wellbeing, Quality of Life and Sustainable Growth Eco- I- CYPRUS/ CYPRUS/ Regions/ Regions/ Cities/ Cities/ Villages Villages Social/Human/I‐Capital Smart Innovation Ecosystems Sustainable Smart LivingPhysical Capital CYPRUS/EU Smart EconomyNatural Capital Knowledge InfrastructureEcosystems Smart GovernanceNatural Resources Equity, Wellbeing, QoL Knowledge SocietyRenewables/RESGreen InfrastructureEco‐Urbanization Information capitalGreen Society u‐Computation, ICT Infrastructure Smart Mobility Digital Virtual Reality, Intelligent Clouds CYPRUS/ Regions/ Internet of Things Cities/ Digital/Smart Society Villages A. Abdoullaev 2010-2012 EIS Intelligent Systems ltd
7. Smart Growth ProgramsCyprus 2010-2013: “SustainableDevelopment and Competitiveness”: FailedGrowth Program Cyprus 2013-2020General Objectives: National Program of Innovative ICT and Broadband1. Improving the attractiveness of the country, through the Knowledge Economy creation and upgrading of basic infrastructure National Program of Smart Eco Territories2. Promoting the knowledge society and innovation and (communities, villages, towns, cities, districts, and improving the productive environment country)3. Creating sustainable communities in urban and rural areas National Program of Science and Research and Innovation NetworksPriority Axes: National Program of Knowledge Parks (knowledge1) Basic Infrastructure in the Environment and Energy Sectors clusters, university research parks, science and2) Basic Transport Infrastructure technology parks, healthcare parks, technopolis,3) Knowledge Economy and Innovation business park, industrial parks)4) Productive Environment National Program of Smart Government Agencies5) Revitalisation of Urban and Rural Areas and State CorporationsOperational Programme: “Employment, Human Capital and National Program of Smart Industry, Corporations Social Cohesion” and Intelligent Business ManagementGeneral Objectives: National Program of Smart Lifestyle, Creativity and Knowledge and Persistent Learning1. Improvement of Human Capital and Increase of the Adaptability of the Private and Public Sector2. Attracting and Maintaining More People in the Labour Market and Reinforcement of Social InclusionPriority Axes: 1. Development of Human Capital and Adaptability; 2. Expansion of Labour Market and Social Cohesion
8. Project Planning Stages Smart Cyprus Project (Size and Implementation): partnership among government, civic associations, academia, research institutes, public sector, private corporations, and non-profit sector; Funding sources (EU Funding, national funding and private investment), Project Size (implementation costs, to be assessed) Current Industries: tourism, construction, cement and gypsum production, ship repair and refurbishment, food and beverage processing, textiles, light chemicals, metal products, wood, paper, stone, and clay products; collapsing financial system Future Cyprus Industries: Modern tourism, smart housing industry, intelligent ICT industry, green economy, knowledge service industry, intelligent banking system, smart gas/oil industry, intelligent energy Supporting Action Plans and Programs: The EU 2020 Strategy for Smart, Sustainable and Inclusive Growth; National Strategic Reference Framework Program for Cohesion Policy, 2014- 2020; Cyprus National Reform Program 2011, 2012 New Cyprus Plan of Actions in three stages:I. Smart Eco Island Strategy (2013);II. Intelligent Nation Master plan (Fitting, Transforming and Adjusting Existing National Planning and Programs, 2013-2014);III. Intelligent Eco Island Development & Smart Municipalities and Eco Communities Projects (2013- 2020; Conception, Design, Legislations, Promotion and Implementation) A. Abdoullaev 2010-2013 EIS Intelligent Systems ltd
9. FUTURE CYPRUS: I-GOVERNMENT, ECO REGIONS,SMART CITIES AND COMMUNITIES Implementing Smart Eco City Programs: Eco Land and Territories, Eco Mobility, Environmental Infrastructure, Transportation and Road Networks, Green Energy and Utilities, ICT Infrastructure, Smart Economy, Smart Governance, Smart Mobility, Smart Environment, Smart People, Smart Living Developing Cyprus Districts as eco-regions: Comprehensive Management Plan/Regional Development Plan: Environmental Planning, Digital Planning, Social Planning; Green Economics, Green Property Developments, Environmental Infrastructures Initiating and Stimulating large master planned developments as smart eco-sustainable projects Assisting businesses to align their strategies, projects and operations with the Smart Eco-Region Comprehensive Management Plan and strategic policy initiatives Attracting to Smart Districts the EU Funding resources and sustainable/impact/socially responsible investment (Benefiting from the EU Structural and Cohesion Funds granted to Cyprus during the next 2014-2020 period) Re-developing Cities as Smart and Green Cities, attractive destination for Ecological, Cultural, Sports, and Medical Tourism Advancing the EU NATURA 2000 Sites of Community Importance (SCI) and Special Protection Area (SPA) as Eco-Sustainable Developments Building the Regional Operations Center/Urban Management Systems A. Abdoullaev 2010-2013 EIS Intelligent Systems ltd
10. I-Government: Smart Executives,Parliament and Judiciary As a smart government reference framework, the EIS i-Government model is applied to create 4i Government, innovated, integrated, instrumented and intelligent, figured as a 4- tiered i-Government Pyramid Model. The foundation of the Pyramid is a sustainable governance model of smart government, which:I. defines i-Government sustainable vision, mission and strategy, long-term goals, (most countries miss it),II. determines a blueprint, roadmap and performance plan for the i-Government strategy, (most countries don’t have it),III. fills a gap between i-Gov strategy and procurements driven by short-term interests,IV. defines an i-Gov PPP network, led by a strong government agency (Ministry) and citizen institution, being in charge of execution of i-Government strategy,V. creates wide awareness of government and citizen, motivating them to participate in the i- Gov projects, testing and using the services widely I-Government succeeds smart government, transformational government, as well as e- government, with its subdivisions: m-government (mobile government), u-government (ubiquitous government), and g-government (GIS/GPS applications for e-government). 4I-Government Platform provides an ultimate vision of an integrated portfolio of government activities and public projects, like optimal budgeting, smart civil technologies, natural resources protection, public space management, intelligent policing, finance control, transportation efficiency, etc.
11. Funding Sources: EU Funds, Frozen Funds andSmart Investment Programming Period 2014-2020: Smart Cyprus Strategic Development Plan 2014-2020, estimated total budget about EUR 4 bn, mostly for large-scale projects, national, urban and inter-communal Horizon 2020", the new research and innovation funding framework under the next Multiannual Financing Framework (MFF 2014-2020). Programming Period 2007-2013: Strategic Development Plan (SDP); The National Strategic Reference Framework (NSRF) 2007- 2013; The NSRF is co-financed (€612,4 mln) from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Cohesion Fund (CF) of EU. By December 2011, about 3.420 mostly small projects with a total budget (eligible public expenditure) of €830 mln have been approved, corresponding to 113% of the OPs total budget, without any visible impact on the national sustainable growth. Frozen funds of the Bank of Cyprus and Popular Bank Smart Nation/City Investment Global Corporations: Huawei (Smart City Initiative) IBM (Smarter Planet Initiative) Cisco Systems (Smart + Connected Communities) Siemens (Smart Mobility Initiative) Orange (France Telecom) (Smart City Initiative) Alcatel-Lucent (Smart City Initiative) Microsoft (Intelligent City Platform) Oracle (Intelligent Government Platform) Toshiba (Intelligent Energy and Smart) Schneider Electric (Smart City Initiative) Hitachi (Smart City Initiative), etc. A. Abdoullaev 2010-2013 EIS Intelligent Systems ltd
12. “SMART CYPRUS” INNOVATIONCENTERSMART GROWTH STRATEGY, PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS: National, Regional, Urban and Inter-Communal1. Smart Cyprus Sustainable Infrastructure2. Eco Regions and Sustainable Communities3. Smart Cities and Municipalities: EcoPolis and EcoVillage Projects4. Eco Development Projects, NATURA 2000 Sites Green Redevelopment5. Sustainable Building/Eco Construction Projects (Green Buildings, Eco Homes, Smart Villas, Intelligent Homes)ORGANIZING SMART PUBLIC AND BUSINESS CLUSTERS of related enterprises, suppliers, andinstitutions in different fields of economy, commerce, industry, or civil services1) Knowledge Parks of Third Generation2) Innovatiion Parks, Smart Techno-clusters; Know-how clusters; Intelligent Eco-parks, Agro-Clusters; Medical or Hospital Clusters;sector clusters, horizontal clusters, vertical supply chain clusters3) Maximizing the business intelligence capital, productivity and creativity4) Stimulating innovative businesses and intelligent industry (eg, integrated operations of people, processes and technology, e-Field,i-Field, Digital Gas/Oilfield, intelligent field, or Smart Fields of Smart Wells)5) Driving innovation in a new field of knowledge economy, commerce or industry (Smart Property, Intelligent Infrastructure, CloudComputing, Intelligent Energy, Smart Gas/Oil)HIGH-LEVEL EDUCATION PROGRAMS1. Global Initiatives for Smart Communities: IBM’s Smarter Planet, Cisco’s Intelligent Urbanization, EIS’ Smart World, EU 2020Strategy, and EU Initiatives on Smart Cities2. Europe 2020 and Cyprus: Lost Decade, Sluggish Recovery or Sustainable Recovery3. Smart City Projects across the World, or Why Smart Cities make Priorities for Global Investors and Corporations (IBM, Cisco,Hitachi, Toshiba, Alcatel-Lucent, Siemens, Huawei, etc.)4. Smart City as a Model Settlement, or How to Become a Smart Municipality and Green Community5. From Greek Polis to Intelligent Eco-Polis: Launching Smart City Programs and Eco Community Projects in Cyprus A. Abdoullaev 2010-2013 EIS Intelligent Systems ltd
13. Sustainable State RedevelopmentProjects Community Planning and Development (Smart ECO Polis Model, Smart ECO Polis Master Plan, green community strategy, digital community strategy, knowledge community strategy, integrated spatial digital city planning, local development planning, sustainable land use, eco community standards, cross-communal ecosystem) Energy (eco village grid, urban renewable energy networks, clean energy systems, renewable energy technologies, biomass, solar thermal, ambient thermal, and geothermal applications; heat storage technologies, tri-generation and district heating/cooling systems; advanced metering infrastructure, energy management systems, smart domestic appliances, intelligent street lighting, solar parks/farms; EV and HEV charging and storage) Water and Waste (environmental infrastructure, quality water supply system, sustainable community drainage systems, advanced biological sewerage systems, rainwater harvesting, grey water treatment, green roofs, balance with nature, reduction, re-use and recycling waste) Real Estate, Buildings and Facilities (eco realty, green buildings, innovative insulation, net zero energy buildings, residential, commercial, public, special; smart community polycenter, leisure and health center, cultural center, financial center, business center, sports center) Local Economy (smart sustainable and inclusive growth, economic development investment, strong local economy, eco-tourism, attractive commercial spaces, smart outlets, innovative business, new employment opportunities, and sustainable jobs) Land and Environment (natural capital and resources, sustainable sites and urban landscape, productive land, living land, eco land, sea environment protection, coastal regeneration; green infrastructure, eco parks and zones, public spaces, integrated green areas) Governance and Administration (e-Participation, i-administration, common service delivery platform, digital urban management system, smart public services) Smart Transportation (eco-mobility, public transport system, bus routes, cycle lanes, sidewalks, plazas, eco streets, parks, car-free zones, clean transportation, sustainable road networks, intelligent transportation systems, bike installations, public benches, green parking) ICT (digital capital and resources, network-connected communities and eco-neighborhoods, optical Ethernet, Fiber-To-the-Home access, WiFi zones, smart appliances, urban operation systems, building integration platform, integration into global communication network, ICT clusters, smart digital services, new jobs) Intelligent Community (human capital and resources, knowledge city, sense of community, social cohesion, community intelligence, innovative and creative community, education, knowledge, innovation, entrepreneurship, knowledge triangle, knowledge-rich living, knowledge-intensive jobs) Sustainable Lifestyle (health and well-being, safety and security, meaningful social life, social safety nets, social spaces, green lifestyle, intelligent lifestyle, digital lifestyle, smart living) A. Abdoullaev 2010-2013 EIS Intelligent Systems ltd
14. Three Scenarios for EU and CyprusI. Lost Decade. Cyprus, as Europe, will have suffered a permanent loss in wealth and capacity for growthII. Sluggish Recovery. Cyprus, as Europe, will have suffered a permanent loss in wealth and start slowly growing from the old basis.III. Sustainable Recovery. Cyprus is making a full recovery and raise its potential and capacity to excel Smart Cyprus Strategy is the silver bullet, the most viable solution for the Sustainable Recovery Smart Cyprus Project exceeds the EU Strategy 2020, http://ec.europa.eu/europe2020/index_en.htm, encouraging the regional and local governments to go smart and sustainable: http://ec.europa.eu/europe2020/who-does-what/member- states/index_en.htm.
15. Building the i-Europe Sky Platform The Project is aiming to research conceptual The “Europe Sky” Project is part of the strategies and development models and Smart Territories of he Future Project. technological platforms for sustainable global communities and intelligent nations, smart eco The grant requested is about EUR 14,2 m cities and communities, knowledge zones and for a period up to six years. territorial ecosystems. Identifier: ERC-2013-SyG Leveraging the smart world development EUROPEAN RESEARCH COUNCIL strategy and the intelligent eco city system framework, the i-Europe Platform Prototype is to SYNERGY GRANT FOR TOP be deployed. RESEARCHER AROUND THE WORLD It will be virtually tested as a Pan-European Budget: € 150 000 000 MetaCloud Platform for States, Regions, Cities Specific Programme(s): IDEAS and Communities, making a Europe Sky, or Sky Europe Platform. Theme(s): ERC The Europe SkyNet will virtualize States, Regions, Cities and Communities in the Smart Connected Clouds, modelling all the core elements as centrally coordinated functional clouds, from the EC clouds to State clouds to Government clouds to Industry clouds to City clouds to Private clouds and to Smart Infrastructure clouds. i-Cyprus Platform is planned as a Smart Europe Demonstration Project.
16. SMART TERRITORIES OF THEFUTURE PROJECTS A. Abdoullaev. A Smart World: A Development Model for Intelligent Cities, Keynote, 11th IEEE Int. Conference on Computer and Information Technology (CIT- 2011): www.cs.ucy.ac.cy/CIT 2011/ A. Abdoullaev. Intelligent Europe Center Program: http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/secretariat_general/eu2020/docs/intelligent_europe_center_en.pdf A. Abdoullaev. The Smart Eco Island: i-Cyprus 2020: http://www.scribd.com/doc/40320567/i-Cyprus A. Abdoullaev. Smart EcoCity™ (Intelligent EcoCity™), ISBN 978-9963-9958-1-3, 2011, Cyprus, EU A. Abdoullaev. Neapolis Smart EcoCity, ISBN 978-9963-9958-0-6,2011, Cyprus, EU A. Abdoullaev. i-EUROPE Manifesto: http://www.slideshare.net/ashabook/i-europe-title-10150491 A. Abdoullaev. I-RUSSIA; ГОСУДАРСТВЕННАЯ ПРОГРАММА РОССИЙСКОЙ ФЕДЕРАЦИИ: «Интеллектуальная РОССИЯ: Эко Регионы и Умные Города», 2012, Moscow, RUSSIA: http://www.slideshare.net/ashabook/ss-17463288 A. Abdoullaev. SMART TERRITORIES OF THE FUTURE: The EU Smart Communities and Cities Prototype: 3.0 City, from Dumb to Intelligent Cities. http://www.slideshare.net/ashabook/30-cityeu-prototype A. Abdoullaev. SMART TERRITORIES OF THE FUTURE: 3.0 WORLD, from Dumb to Intelligent World I-WORLD™; GLOBAL SKYNET™. [The Future World Investment Projects] http://www.slideshare.net/ashabook/x0-world A. Abdoullaev, New Cyprus, http://www.slideshare.net/ashabook/new-cyprus EUROPE 2020: A Strategy for Smart, Sustainable and Inclusive Growth. Communication from the Commission, European Commission, 2010, Brussels, EU Smart Cities and Communities Communication Launch Event (European Commission); 10 July 2012, Sheraton Hotel, Brussels; The Cyprus Presidency’s view on Smart Cities and Communities. SMART CITIES AND COMMUNITIES - EUROPEAN INNOVATION PARTNERSHIP. Communication from the Commission, European Commission, 10th of July, 2012, Brussels, EU: http://ec.europa.eu/energy/technology/initiatives/smart_cities_en.htm Cyprus National Reform Program 2012. Europe 2020 Strategy for Smart, Sustainable and Inclusive Growth. Planning Bureau. April 2012. Cyprus, EU Abdoullaev 2010-2013 EIS Intelligent Systems ltd
17. INTELLIGENT NATION PROJECTS UNDERDEVELOPMENT AND UNDER STUDY Singapore, Intelligent Nation 2015 (iN2015), 10 years master plan of “an Intelligent Nation, a Global City, powered by Infocomm”, to enable: Innovation, Integration, Internationalisation. To achieve the goals of the masterplan, the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA), together with the industry, identified programmes and initiatives categorized under four building blocks: globally competitive infocomm industry; sectorial transformation of the key economic sectors, government and society; ultra-high speed, pervasive, intelligent and trusted infocomm infrastructure; globally competitive infocomm manpower. The Smart Island Malta, the National ICT Strategy (the Smart Island strategy of seven streams, the national RTDI strategy; the National Industrial Policy; SmartCity Malta Project of the global knowledge-based township; the next generation ICT environment, a connected society, putting the ‘e’ on everything, a smart and global workforce, reinventing government, e-Business, world leading ICT industry). Intelligent Taiwan, formulated by the Council for Economic Planning and Development, and involving all ministries. The i-Taiwan is advancing 12 construction projects in transportation (fast network, port-city regeneration, international airport city), industrial innovation (hi-tech industrial clusters, intelligent Taiwan, industrial innovation corridors), urban and rural development (urban and industrial park-regeneration, farm village regeneration), environmental protection (coastal regeneration, green forestation, flood prevention and water management, and sewer construction), as well as intelligent industries (cloud computing). Its five key concepts are: regional development balance, industrial innovation, new urban and regional features, intelligent capital accumulation, and sustainable development. Its key purposes are expanding domestic demand, improving the investment environment, boosting the health of the economy, and upgrading the quality of life. The total investment is about NT$ 4 trillion. INTELLIGENT NATION PROJECTS UNDER STUDY OR NEGOTIATION I. i-CYPRUS, the Smart Europe Prototype Project, the i-Cyprus 2020 Strategy is aimed to create a Eco-Smart Island of knowledge hub and innovative society, effective government, knowledge industry and green energy sector, high quality eco tourism, intelligent banking system and financial services, progressive logistics and the maritime services, smart ICT services, world-class healthcare, innovational education and research, creative work and green lifestyle (Status: Under Negotiations with the Cyprus Government). II. i-RUSSIA, Russian Federation is to go through a substantial transformation never seen before by any world power, to grow as smart, intelligent and ecological. The Smart Russia Strategy aims to model Future Russia as the largest eco-intelligent Land, Country, or Nation. Driven by innovative economy and industries, the New Russia is to be distinguished with the most advanced structures and features. The i-Russia Strategy aims at a Smart/Intelligent Russia, the global technology and business hub and innovative Federation of integrated governments, central, regional and local, intelligent communities and cities, knowledge industry, advanced ICT, intelligent banking systems and financial services, modern healthcare, innovational research and education, creative work and smart lifestyle. (Status: Under Negotiations with the Russian Government) III. i-Europe, the Smart Cloud Platform will be virtually tested as a Pan-European MetaCloud Platform for States, Regions, Cities and Communities, making a Europe Sky, or Sky Europe Platform .
18. EIS Intelligent Community Brands I-WORLD™; Global SkyNet™ Smart Sustainable Communities™; Smart Sustainable World ™; Intelligent Eco City™; Smart Eco City™; i-City Operating Systems™; Smart City Software™; i-Community Package™; Intelligent Urban Operating Systems; Smart Eco Community Operating Systems, SECOS™ Smart Cyprus™, Intelligent EcoIsland™ Neapolis Smart EcoCity™ Territorial Intelligent Platform™, TIP Territorial Intelligent Systems™, TIS X.0 World ™; World X.0 ™; 3.0 World ™; World 3.0; 3.0 City ™; City 3.0 ™ i-Europe™, Intelligent Europe™, Smart Europe™, Europe SkyNet™ i-Russia™, Smart Russia™, Intelligent Russia™, Russia SkyNet™ A. Abdoullaev 2010-2013 EIS Intelligent Systems ltd
19. CONTACT Dr Azamat Sh. Abdoullaev Managing Director EIS Encyclopedic Intelligent Systems Ltd (Cyprus, EU) Int.: + 357 99 683 849 E-mail: email@example.com; Internet Sites: http://iiisyla.livejournal.com ООО "Энциклопедические Интеллектуальные Системы“(Moscow/Russia) Skolkovo Innovation Center Participant PROJECTS: Smart Territories of the Future Smart World, I-WORLD i-RUSSIA i-Europe i-Cyprus A. Abdoullaev 2010-2013 EIS Intelligent Systems ltd