1. There are only 3200 tigers in the wild.- The largest of all cats, the Tiger is one of the most endangered species on Earth.
2. Tigers are hunted toextinction by poachers.
3. Parts from asingle tigercan cost asmuch as$50,000 onthe blackmarket.
4. There is Hope.Tigers can breedquickly andsuccessfully if weprovide them withprotected habitat andample prey.
5. Healthy tiger populations=Healthy ecosystems
6. A home for tigers=A home for others
7. China’s giant panda
8. China’s giant pandashave long beenthreated withextinction. Now theyare facing a newthreat –STARVATION.Their favourite food,arrow bamboo, isbeginning to die off.
9. It is part of cycle that happens every sixty years and the newcrop will take around ten years to mature. Last time the bamboo bloomed was in the 1980s and then around two hundred and fifty giant pandas died of starvation
10. The giant panda isan endangeredspecies, threatenedby continuedhabitat loss andby a very lowbirthrate, both inthe wild and incaptivity.
11. Pandas left about 1600!!! .
12. Now people are trying to move those animals at risk into new habitats or find them new sources of food.