GLASS IONOMER TYPE 1 INSTITUTE OF BIOMEDICAL SCIENCESDR. VALENZUELA RUBEN ESQUIVEL DR: ALFREDO NEVAREZ RASCON
•It was designed and developed in theearly 70s from older materials.•The glass ionomer is the most currentand by far the most use and interest. Figure 1. Alibaba.com
•Name comes from its composition:Glass particles produce ions in acidmedium. Figure 2. uvmnet.edu
• Set structures made out of the mouth to natural tissues of thetooth.• As a hard core liner or any dental process.• As a restorative material into cavities of the necks of teeth and notreceiving zone where occlusion force.• As Pits sealant in posterior teeth in children
• Are presented as a powder and liquid mixture which,according to manufacturers instructions, harden.•The powder is made of silica, aluminum, calcium andfluoride.•The liquid is poly acrylic acid, water and small amountsof tartaric acid.
It is an acid base reaction cement poly electrolyte. Calciumand aluminum electrolyte containing the powder form mixedwith the carboxylic poly acid in water.
•Cementitious material.•Liner or base.•Restorative material
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGESADVANTAGES DISVANTAGESIts physical properties are They are more expensivegood, but before masticatio than the other groups.n loads.It specifies or Not chemically bond tochemical adhesion to tooth porcelain and gold alloys.and dental alloys.Shows dimensional Are very soluble in thestability. first 24 hours.Fluoride release are It does notmore aesthetic than the allow variables in handling.other groups of cements.
• Powder and liquid for manual mixing:Usually in a bottle with the liquid and in aboat with the powder. Figure 4. Monografias.com
In capsule to mechanical vibration: the powder and liquid are inside a capsule, separated by a membrane which breaks under pressure, placing the two components in contact. The mixture is made using a vibrator.Figure 5. Inrodent.com
• Fuji (GC)• Meron (voco)• Lonomax tipo 1• Agua meron• Vivaglas cem• Type 1 luting cement
• Materiales dentales de Barcelot.• http://www.geodental.net• http://www.clinicamallat.com• http://www.dentalw.com• http://laodontologia.com
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.