Simplofon has developed a simplified user interface for Android smart phones. Product is named Simplofon. Simplofon was launched last summer and it is available in DNA Shops. Simplofon interface has two pages: home page and service page. The phone book is immediately available on the home page for calling or messaging. Yle news, wheather forecast and the most common functions are pre-organized to the service page. In addition to pre-selected functions user can add his/her favorites to the service page. For simplicity seekers Simplofon is installed from the memory card in the DNA Shop by shop personnel. The user is released to have in his/her phone only the functions, he/she would need.
For operators Simplofon increases the smart phone segment and datarevenue. Data connection is needed for the news and wheatherforecast. It also gives differentation tool to operators. Target customers are not familiar to customize their product or download any new application from the web.
For siplicity seekers user segment we lauched simplified user interface, Simplofon.
2. Operators’ two problems with smart phones • How to expand smart phone segment? 50% 50% Source: Marketvision 2012 • How to differentiate?Copyright © 2012 Simplofon Oywww.simplofon.com Confidental 11. October 2012
3. Simplofon – Less is More Home Page Service Page Launched in July 2012
4. Differentation is the Key for operators • Capture the mobile UI • Simplofon differentiates by distribution channelCopyright © 2012 Simplofon Oywww.simplofon.com Confidental 11. October 2012
5. Simplofon – Less is MoreSimplicity seekers Operators• A bridge to smart • Differentiation phone • Increases smart• My preferences phone user segment• Smart phone • Increases data becomes attractive revenue Positive feedback from user study
6. Business opportunity • The first agreement with DNA in Finland • License fee with royalties • Growth with international operatorsCopyright © 2012 Simplofon Oywww.simplofon.com Confidental 11. October 2012
7. Competition • Apple-Android-Windows stores try to control smart phones • Simplofon gives control back to operators • Simplofon differentiates by distribution channelCopyright © 2012 Simplofon Oywww.simplofon.com Confidental 11. October 2012
8. People in charge Pirkko Taskinen Sales & Marketing • 25 years mobile business • Product marketing & Operator collaboration • collaboration Jari Taajoranta Teemu Veikanmaa R&D R&D • 10 years wireless business • SW Chief designer • SW R&D and project management • Project management Ismo Tenhunen Pekka Seppänen Chairman of the board Advisor • 17 years mobile business • 16 years mobile business • Logistics & operations management • ManufacturingCopyright © 2012 Simplofon Oywww.simplofon.com Confidental 11. October 2012