Lifebuoy Activation Idea
• Shantanu Pramanik
• Karishma Khanna
• Abhigyan Choudhury
• Objective : To reinforce the idea of keeping hands clean and increase
usage of Lifebuoy’s hand sanitizer
• TG: Primary SEC-B,C Male 25-45, who are aware of hygiene but do not pay
any heed to the same, also they are not accustomed with the usage of
• Approach: BTL activation of tying small hand shaped cards on the handles
of Local Trains which would also contain a small sachet of Lifebuoy hand
Sanitizer and would contain a message of cleanliness of hands and usage f
the sanitizer to do so.
• Expected Outcome: Greater awareness about personal hygiene and
induced trial of Sanitizers thus increased sale of the brand.
• Hand Cut-out danglers to be suspended at handles of Local Trains.
• The danglers will be folded cards with the message saying that you might
get up on the train alone, but you don’t get down alone as millions of
germs accompanying you which you have acquired from the handles.
• The card will contain a small sachet of Lifebuoy hand sanitizer.
• The activation will happen on a Monday in the 9:00 am Mumbai locals
Inside of the palm cut out danglers, the message of germs present in
train handles and a small hand Sanitizer Sachet would be placed
Feasibility of the Campaign
• Our campaign is an activation idea for Lifebuoy Sanitizer. The Indian
Railways provides a unique opportunity to communicate this message to a
large, predominantly small-town and rural population.
• Its Feasibility study involves
Location : The trains (Rajdhani,Doronto,Shatabdi,etc)
general & 3rd A/c compartments.
Lifebuoy shall hire around 85 promoters/city, who shall paste the
advertising sticker on train doors,washrooms & berth handles .
We expect no feasibility hurdle as our campaign’s implementation is simple
& require some manpower.
• Our Campaign shall be in collaboration with IRCTC. It shall be considered
as a social service campaign.
• On similar lines we aim to share costs with the Indian Railway Authority.
• The Estimated cost of the campaign is : 5 Crore
• The cost will be shared in the ratio of 70:30 (HUL:Indian Railways),as per
• In effect, this simple, clutter breaking idea will help Lifebuoy reach out to a
massive audience, at a fraction of the cost.
• Indian Railways carry 24 million passengers daily (roughly half of which
were suburban passengers)- Our Target Group.
• HUL can easily expect the message to reach at least 10 million potential
customers at a minimal cost in the span of 2 days.