1. EAST AFRICA SUMMIT 2014
foundation for sustainable development
2. The Masaka site team hosted the 4th Annual East Africa Summit.
3. The three-day Summit brought together FSD’s site teams from Kenya
and Uganda – Jinja, Kakamega, Masaka, and Mombasa – to reflect and
to strengthen FSD’s programs in East Africa.
4. The Summit included team building activities, program practices, and
a community partner workshop. Additionally, the wonderful town of
Masaka was introduced!
5. The community partner workshop was the first of its kind to include all
East Africa site team members.
6. The workshop focused on FSD’s asset-based approach and practices for
implementing sustainable development.
7. The workshop was just one contribution from the Summit that has
increased the capacity of the site teams to make a positive impact on
their local communities, program participants, and community partners.
8. Although the Masaka team was sad to see the other site teams leave,
they were happy to get started implementing the new ideas they learned
throughout the Summit!
9. A special thanks to Matthew Lynch, FSD’s International Program
Coordinator in Masaka, for covering the East Africa Summit.