2. The concept of a singer-songwriter can be traced toancient bardic oral tradition. Poems would be performed as chant or song, sometimesaccompanied by a harp or other similar instrument. After the invention of printing, songs would be written andperformed by ballad sellers. Usually these would be versions ofexisting tunes and lyrics, which were constantly evolving. This developed into the singer- songwriting traditions of folkculture.
3. In large towns it was possible to make a living performing inpublic venues. With the invention of phonographic recording, early singer-songwriters like Théodore Botrel and George M. Cohan becamecelebrities. Radio further added to their public recognition and appeal.
4. Singer-songwriters are musicians who write, compose and singtheir own musical material including lyrics and melodies. Singer-songwriters often provide the sole accompaniment to anentire composition or song, typically using a guitar or piano. Often, the songs written by these musicians serves not only asentertainment, but as a tool for political protest.
5. A British singer-songwriter, pianist and record producer. He has written thirteen Number 1 singles. He has also had sixteen top 5 hits, eleven Number 1 singles andseven Number 1 albums with Take That. Take That:1989–1996, 2005–present. Received an OBE in 2012 for services to the music industry andcharity. He has written „Rule The World‟for Take That and co. Wrote„Shame‟ with Robbie Williams.
6. An English singer-songwriter. Gained a following online after doing acoustic covers of songs bybands such as Paramore and You Me at Six. Since 2010, Aplin has released three EPs and toured the UK andEurope. She did a cover of Frankie Goes to Hollywoods „The Power ofLove‟. This reached No 1 on the UK Singles Chart. „Please Don‟t Say You Love Me‟ is her second single.
7. Dylan is an American musician, singer-songwriter, musicproducer, artist, and writer. Dylans lyrics have incorporated a variety ofpolitical, social, philosophical, and literary influences. They defied existing pop music conventions and appealed hugelyto the then burgeoning counterculture. Initially inspired by the performance style of Little Richard. His most popular songs include „Lay Lady Lay‟, „It ain‟t mebabe‟ and „Like a Rolling Stone‟.
8. After her very successful stage career, she decided to make a freshstart and embark on a solo career. Sang with José Carreras at the Barcelona Olympic Games thetheme song "Amigos Para Siempre" ("Friends forever"), to aworldwide audience of 3 billion people. Her most famous albums are called „Timeless‟ and „Eden‟. The Italian composer Ennio Morricone let her set lyrics to one ofhis film compositions, “Gabriels Oboe” from the film “TheMission”. This resulted in the now legendary “Nella Fantasia”.
9. Charlie is a vlogger on Youtube and has been since 2007. He also is well known for writing his own songs. He has been in a few bands such as Son‟s of Admirals andChameleon Circuit. These featured some of his fellow vloggers. Chameleon Circuit is a band that plays songs about Doctor Whosuch as „Doctor What‟ and „Travelling Man‟.