View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
SKILLS THAT WRITERS USE:
1. Structuring skills
- students use structuring skills as they craft
sentences, group sentences into paragraphs, and
organize the entire composition.
2. Spelling, Punctuation, and Capitalization Skills
- are the traditional “mechanics” of writing.
3. Language Skills
- precise and imaginative language make writing more
4. Reference Skills
- variety reference tools a writer will use
5. Handwriting and Word Processing Skills
- students develop effective manuscript and cursive
handwriting skills so that they can write legibly and
Here are some ways on how to develop
good writing skills in English.
1. To provide an authentic context for writing practice.
2. To give students opportunities to choose writing topics and
3. To gain writing fluency and stamina.
4. As a tool for learning, such as when children write in
5. To make and publish books.
6. To document learning in literature focus units and thematic
Writing Strategies use by a Writer
- are deliberate thinking procedures writers use to
solve problems that they encounter while writing.
Stage 1: Prewriting
• Choose a topic.
• Gather and organize ideas.
• Consider the audience to whom students will write.
• Identify the purpose of the writing activity.
• Choose an appropriate genre for their compositions
based on audience and purpose.
Stage 2: Drafting
• Write a rough draft.
• Craft leads to grab readers’ attention.
• Emphasize content rather than mechanics.
Stage 3: Revising
• Share writing in writing groups.
• Participate constructively in discussions about
• Make changes in compositions to reflect the
reactions and comments of both teacher and
• Make substantive rather than only minor changes
between the first and final drafts.
Stage 4: Editing
• Proofread compositions independently.
• Help proofread classmates’ compositions.
• Increasingly identify and correct mechanical errors
Stage 5: Publishing
• Publish writing in appropriate form.
• Share finished writing with an appropriate
English is the foremost spoken language
in the whole world. That’s why it is
absolutely crucial for you to know how
to develop good writing skills in
English. Unfortunately, not everything
can be learned from the classroom. A
little extra help can go a long way.
If you want to develop good writing skills
in English, you’re going to have to write
something at some point. A lot of
people who keep journals are able to
practice their English very well. I
suggest you do the same as well.
You’re able to see how people use certain
words or construct sentences apart from
the examples on your language handout
or references. Plus, you’ll also gain
more confidence in your own writing
If you’re not a fan of books, you can
always read short stories or feature
articles online. Even some magazines
will help you develop good writing skills
Part of the ways on how to develop good
writing skills in English is feedback.
How else would you know how good or
bad your work is unless you show it to
others? A lot of people fear this stage
because they don’t really want to hear
others criticize their work.
Even successful authors need to keep
learning how to develop good writing
skills in English. You can’t remain
stagnant just because you’re too lazy to
read or write or too afraid to hear what
other people think. You have a lot more
potential than you realize.
2. Shared Writing
- teacher and students create the text
together ; then the teacher does the actual
writing. Students may assist by spelling words.
1. To demonstrate how to writing works.
2. To record students’ idea.
3. To create written texts for the
classroom that children could not write
3. Interactive Writing
- teacher and students create the text
and share the pen to do the writing. Teacher
and students talk about writing conventions.
1. To demonstrate how to write words and
2. To teach how to use capital letters and
3. To demonstrate how to use phonics and
spelling patterns to spell words.
4. To create written texts for the classroom
that children could not write independently.
4. Guided Writing
- teacher presents a structured lesson and supervises
as students write. Teacher also teaches a writing
procedure, strategy, or skill.
1. To scaffolding a writing experience so that students
can be successful.
2. To introduce different types of writing activities
3. To teach children to use the writing process in
particular, how to revise and edit.
4. To teach procedures, concepts, strategies, and skills
5. Independent Writing
- students use the writing process to write stories,
informational books, and other compositions. Teacher
monitors students’ progress.
• Lee, M. (2013). How to develop good writing skills in English.
• Hodgron, P. (2011). Use of ICTS for teaching Skills in writing in English.
• Manresa, E. C. (2013). Writing in English.
• Recruit In (2013). Resume writing skills http://www.slideshare.net/ReKruiTIn/resumewriting-skills?qid=f9e4adad-19e9-473f-b0c3ecfef91b663f&v=qf1&b=&from_search=17
Tabachuk, I. (2013). Business English writing skills