10 Steps to Successfully Market Your Business on Facebook
10 Steps to Successfully Marketing Your Business On Facebook Patsy Stewart Social Media Practitioner April 17, 2012
Social Media Impacts Your Market• Facebook 845+ million active users• Twitter 200+ million users• LinkedIn 147+ million users• YouTube over 4 billion views / day
Understand the ROI of Social Media It’s NOT about SellingIt’s about Building Relationships
Here’s the Facts! Facebook is the #1 social destination Facebook gets 9% of all visits online 50% of active users log on to Facebook in any given day Average Facebook user is connected to 80 pages
What You Need to Know• In order to create a Facebook page you need an account on Facebook.• Your Facebook page is linked to your personal profile because you are the admin but that info is never revealed unless you choose to reveal it.• You can add additional admins but make sure they are trusted individuals.• You can have an unlimited number of likes (fans).• You can post content on your page as the page or as yourself using your personal profile.
1. Create Your Pagehttps://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
2. Timeline is Visual Creating a Cover Image1. Select an image that reflects your brand - dimensions 851 x 315 px (minimum size is 399 px across) Having a graphic artist on staff is a plus but not necessary.2. DO NOT INCLUDE… contact info, phone, address, website, calls to action, price or purchase info, reference to Facebook3. Profile image compliments your cover image – dimensions 180 x 180 px
3. Optimize Your PageMake it easy for your fans to find you
4. Update Timeline with Milestones1. Add milestones to your timeline to define your most important events.2. Showcase with images – dimensions 843 x 403px3. Start with when your business was founded4. Include major events, product releases, accomplishments
5. Pin Important Updates 1. Pin important updates to the top of your timeline. 2. Update will stay pinned to the top for up to 7 days 3. You can unpin at any time.
6. Highlight Updates1. Highlight important updates.2. Click on star at top right corner to highlight.3. Spans across both columns of timeline.
8. Post Daily Content1. Content should be visual and engaging2. Content with images and links get more engagement3. Consistent, post often – posting daily improves performance4. Mix it up with types of content5. Share other page posts6. Comment when others post on your wall7. Show gratitude8. Switch between posting as business and personal
9. Use Tabs & Applications1. Tabs can be found under cover image2. Maximum of 12 tabs show but only 4 are default3. Tabs can be edited except for Photos.4. Adding applications increases user engagement
10. Last Minute Tips1. Grab your Vanity URL after you have 25 likes. (chose carefully)2. Link your Twitter account to Facebook3. Use Facebook social plugins on website4. Integrate social media sites with traditional marketing5. Use targeted Facebook and sponsored ads
15 Tips to ASK for Engagement 1. Ask specific questions 2. Ask yes or no questions 3. Ask timely questions 4. Ask edgy questions 5. Ask true or false questions 6. Ask questions about a photo 7. Ask poll questions 8. Ask fun questions 9. Ask directly 10.Ask preference questions 11.Ask whos attending an event 12.Ask those who attended the event to share favorite moments or photos 13.Ask for tips 14.Ask humanistic questions 15.Ask fill in the blank questions
Social Media Practitioner and Social Buzz Lab Owner, Patsy Stewart has 10 years of Marketing and Branding experience with a strong background in Digital Media. She is passionate about helping companies understand how they can use social media to generate BUZZ around their brand. She has extensive experience integrating social media with traditional media. Patsy is a National Speaker and a contributor to Social Media Today as well as guest posts on many social media blogs. She is the author of the ebook “How to Grow Your Digital Footprint”.www.WeBuildBuzz.com 540-632-2623 patsy@WeBuildBuzz.com