[Waterworks] City Presentation - Jakarta(Indonesia)
WATER SUPPLY SYSTEM IN JAKARTA
Source: Google Map, 2014
• Coordinates: 6° 12′ 0″ S, 106° 48′ 0″ E
Land : 662 km²
Water: 6.998 km²
• Population: 9.991.788
(Source: BPS Jakarta Dalam Angka 2013)
WATER RESOURCES IN JAKARTA
Jakarta is passed by 13 major rivers. There are some reservoirs or lakes spread around of Jakarta
area, but the most of resources can not be used as raw water for drinking water due to:
•Most of rivers and reservoirs water quality is bad
•Critical capacity, especially in dry season
RAW WATER RESOURCES FOR JAKARTA
RAW WATER FROM
RAW WATER FROM
PT. PAM LYONNAISE JAYA
Capacity : 9.025 lps
Customer: 404.980 HC
Capacity : 9.000 lps
Customer: 398.621 HC
West Tarum Canal
(Bulk Treated Water)
Total Capacity : 18.025 lps
Total customer : 803.601 HC
Service Coverage : 59,01%
NRW : 41,47%
EXISTING OF WATER SUPPLY SERVICE SYSTEM
WATER RESOURCES ADDITIONAL PLAN
capacity of water
18.025 lps (2013)
To Achieve MDG’S (68%
coverage ratio in 2015)
and Zero Deep Well, it
require the additional
supply about 8.000 lps –
plan (will be
2014 to 2016) is
about 5.700 lps
BTW supply reduction to
800 lps, stagging to 2022.
CONSTRAINTS IN WATER SUPPLY DEVELOPMENT
• Limited of availability of water resources caused service
coverage and service level is not optimal.
• The level of NRW is high (41,47%)
• The Management of NRW Reduction is not optimal and
• The condition of urban infrastructures is complex, the
integrate of utility networks laying.
• Development of new WTP, network development and
networks arrangement require high investment.
• Deep well consumption.
• Exclusive Right of Private Partners
POLICIES IN WATER SUPPLY SYSTEM
• To develop any alternative study programs for increasing water
security in Jakarta, either short term and long term, such a study of
potential water resources in Jakarta area.
• To encourage the implementation of additional raw water/treted water
acceleration, either short term and long term
• To provide a Master Plan of Water Supply Development for Jakarta.
• To reduce the NRW level, either commersial losses and physical
• To increase the Service Coverage Ratio optimally and proportionally.
• To develop services that meet the minimum service standards
• To develop water supply for the Low-Income Communities area.
• To do strict supervision of the implementation of cooperation to
improve the performance, revenue, and to reduce the deficit
Jakarta Water Supply Provincial Government Owned Company
JL. Penjernihan II- Pejompongan Jakarta Pusat 10210
Telepon : (021)5704250 Fax : (021)5711796