10 Best Hotel ChainsWhere to stay in? I bet this is the first question that comes to mind when travelling. Some of us prefer tostay in one of the major hotel chains in the world. The reason is rather simple. If you regularly stay inhotels one of the major chains, you should not fear the unexpected, because all hotels are the samestandards of quality and service. Also you can participate in bonus programs, earn points and use themlater to pay for housing. And do you know what hotel chains own the largest number of rooms?If no check this out.1. InterContinental Hotel GroupSince 2004, this hotel’s chain became the largest in the world. To date, it owns more than 600 thousandhotel rooms, scattered across the globe. Each year their number is being increased by 5,9%, mainly due tothe expansion of Holiday Inn Express, but also because of the increasing number of hotels Crowne Plazaand the emergence in Europe, Staybridge Suites and Indigo boutique hotel.
2. Wyndham Hotel GroupThis hotel chain has long been known mainly overseas. Then a few hotel brands Ramada and Super 8 hasappeared in Portugal, the Netherlands, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Russia. After purchasing theMicrotel Inns & Suites and a network of residences for an extended stay Hawthorn Suites (two brandspreviously owned by Global Hyatt), it added more, a total of 400 new assets (more than 29 thousandrooms) and went to the second place in world by the number of rooms.
3. Marriott InternationalThe company claims that every year, growing by 4,7% and in the near future has plans to build 800 hoteland add to the existing 500 thousand rooms 125 thousand more. The Group also promises to invest a lot inpre-existing ones, including the Marriott floor, numerous brands, covering all niches of the hotel businessfrom budget options for poor tourists to luxury hotels for the discerning VIP-persons.
4. Hilton HotelsRanking as the fourth largest chain, this brand is popular not only with luxury hotels, but also because ofthe scandalous Paris Hilton’s escapades, the former heir to the empire hotel room. The company is knownpropensity for innovations: the first one of its owners have introduced a system of “star” ratings, equippedhotel with Wi-Fi. However, the chain began to suffer losses, and in 2007 the former owners were forced tosell the hotel business group Blackstone. In 2008 net increased with 300 new sites, and the growth of thecompany was mainly due to expanses of the United States. But the emergence of the company’s portfolioof brands Doubletree, Homewood Suites, and especially the Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn, as wellas the construction of Hilton Hotel in provincial Russia say the desire to start taking over the world.
5. Accor GroupThe Group has almost 500 thousand rooms which are growing at the rate of 3.7% per year. Jubilee, 800 thhotel under the brand Ibis opened not so long ago in Shanghai. Accor intends to continue the globalexpansion of its brands Sofitel, Novotel, Pullman, Mercure, Suite Hotel, All Seasons, Ibis, Etap, Motel 6,Formula 1 and plans to soon add to the stock around 105 thousand new rooms. This brand is ratherpopular with its rather expensive and luxurious services.
6. Choice HotelsThis American franchisor has about 4000 hotel brands- Quality Inn, Choice Hotels, Comfort Inn, ComfortSuites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Econo Lodge andRodeway Inn, and every year the increase assets by 4,5% . These hotel brands are famous for the fact thatin the middle of last century was the first to install telephones in the rooms and make hotel pools,introducing the all day round job placement service. It was also one of the first 80 to begin working withthe global reservation systems. Today the owners are betting on the interests of each client and introducenew items such as, for example, environmental breakfasts. Now the company plans to better diversifyingits business and thus the company is planning to bring in couple of new brands to the market.
7. Best WesternIt is well known in Europe, particularly in France. Unfortunately, the hotel chain has recently slowed itsdevelopment by 1%. Despite this, the company continues its expansion to the east, is building a facility inthe UAE and China. It’s the only brand that has the largest number of hotels, united by one brand (in theworld for more than 4 thousand hotels bear the name Best Western). In 2008 the company opened its firsthotel category “5 stars” in the Czech capital – Prague. Seems like Europe will continue struggling to getmore and more service from this hotel chains.
8. Starwood Hotels & ResortsHotels Corporation, under such famous brands as Sheraton Hotels & Resorts, Westin Hotels & Resorts,The Luxury Collection, St. Regis, W Hotel and Four Points Hotels by Sheraton, Le Meridien, Aloft, canbe found on all continents except Australia. Despite the disappearance of the 20 hotels that areinconsistent with the new standards, this chain is firmly established on its spot. The main advantage of thehotel chain is that it’s putting more emphasize on the recreation planning and thus makes the guests to feeljust like at home.
9. CarlsonCarlson Hotel chain has 150 thousand rooms and over the last year increased by 2%. It managed to carryout their plans for implementation in the Asia-Pacific region and now the attention of the company isfocused on the development of Rezidor hotels in Europe. This hotel is more designed to fulfill theindividual needs of the visitors rather than emphasizing the collective needs. This hotels is turned to beone of the best service providers overall. Except that the hotel is one of the hotels that got the smallestamount of claims during the entire time of functioning.
10. Global HyattI guess this is the only hotel that actually stopped growth of the company related to its policy: GlobalHyatt has concentrated on high-end segment, but nevertheless it is among the ten largest. In 2007, thechain launched an innovative hotel brand Hyatt Place, where everything is created based on the results ofsurveys carried out among the discerning tourists. The hotel is not only providing exclusive services butalso tries to make the emphasize on its buildings and design.